Sign in to follow this  
Xibalba

RE MX vs BTL

I know I will be going with a 12" BTL ported in my trunk. I am just curious about how the BTL compares to the MX. I heard a MX today and it was pretty cool, still hear better things about the BTL regardless. Both are super sexy subs.....and the BTL kills it in price. So, all in all, how do the two compare....SPL, SQ, or even LSQ?

Totally different subs...

About as similar as a pear and a watermelon..

Thanks

-Nick

I know both fairly well...lol. And it seems people have about summed things up. Very different subs. Both have their points and applications and there is some crossover between the two, but really both were designed from different standpoints.

So I take it the MX is made more for SQ whereas the BTL throws out a bunch load of SPL. That is pretty much what I was lookin for, I wanna try and compete in some small categories....

MX isnt an SQ sub either... just a solid daily driver that is somewhat of a do-it-all. While the BTL has proven itself for SPL, most everyone running them daily as blown away by how good they sound as well. BTL is a solid dual (daily/SPL) sub.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott, that was exactly what I was lookin to find out. My opinion and idea to go with the BTL still stands. I had a friend who gave me some box plans you sent him for a single 12" BTL install in a 300, which is about the same size trunk as my charger. So I will probably do something along those lines...thanks.

Sign in to follow this