What would you do...the correct post

What would you do for a show car  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What would you put in a Charger SRT show car

• 4 10's sealed
    • 2 12's ported
    • 2 12's sealed
    • 1 15 ported

Wow, I got a lot of learning to do. I was just into SPL for the longest time, now I want something "spectacular." I will be sure to get with Scott and my fav local shop to do all this fun stuff and learn more about what is going on with SQ setups. I noticed on your build log you had 3 10's. Are they hooked to one amp or several? If hooked to one, how is that done, wouldnt that cause some odd impedance loads?

Edited by Xibalba

I had 3-10s, a year ago before I went with my current system... which is detailed further into the build log.

They were all wired to the same amp, 4 ohm coils in parallel for a 2 ohm load each & subs in parallel. Final impedance could be considered weird (0.66666666666666... ohms) but, with impedance rise & impedance changing due to frequency, it was not a problem with the amp I used (stable to 1 ohm).

Thats cool. I still have a lot of debatin to tumble around in my head. I like everything when it comes to music, so I am still in the process of debating my setup. My old lady is naggin me to do what everyone else around here is doin and just do a nice ported setup with a 15....guess she likes SPL more than me, lol.

Just finished checkin out your build log, nice. I like how that last pic looks with the sub pointing forward. I could something like that with plexiglass or somethin, that would be cool. I have a tiny little system in my work truck now, 2 RF P3's with 500 watts each in a ported box. I cant help but to wonder how that compares to an IB with a 15. I am not even sure how much bass much current crap produces, not much I am sure. I vibrated my rearview mirror off once, kinda fun. But I do like your setup, nice.

Edited by Xibalba