Sign in to follow this  
Stu Padasso

Wall with 4 MJ 18s

play them for a long time they need to break in

box looks like it should move air though! chitty deals man hope you find somthing to make you happy :D

play them for a long time they need to break in

box looks like it should move air though! chitty deals man hope you find somthing to make you happy :D

:drink40:fing05.gif Worked on the box today and figured out what was wrong. I made the port to long was tuned to 27.5 hz. Which made the box :worthless: Cut it down and put 45s in the corners and :woot::domoslay::rocking::runlaugh::wacky::woot: Hairtricks away. Now have to move radio to the rear sealed off section so it stops skipping.

hair tricks you say well...i was planning on waiting until summer todo my wall...damm you!! i wanna do hair tricks .... nice work :D

hair tricks you say well...i was planning on waiting until summer todo my wall...damm you!! i wanna do hair tricks .... nice work :D

Well I need to get on the meter and see if Im the first to 150 with Mach 5s. I have to beat you. At least you could say your the first in canada. fing05.gif

Well I need to get on the meter and see if Im the first to 150 with Mach 5s. I have to beat you. At least you could say your the first in canada. fing05.gif

well 150 db in a family van beats anything i can do

meh......what about 160's ;)

Not for the wife. I was originally going to use 8 or 12 18s seale din the same space. But I know how my wife is. Will have new pics this weekend.

Currently...

Currently...

Also remember this is a bass racer not a fart machine. Im sure I could do 160 if I made it a fart machine.

Well after having these subs for awile now I think I'm going to have to change them out. I think Im asking to much out of them. There not liking my amp at the moment every time I turn them up I start to smell the coils on them. Im only feeding them 750 rms I think its just to much for them. I have a show to go to on the 21st of OCT so I'll try and get a vid of them going up.

Edited by Stu Padasso

Its been a little bit since the last update son to some new pics. Changed the box so I can change the port tuning if needed. Also for those who kept asking about bracing I think this might be enough. Still have the double baffle and trim panel to do.

100_1063.jpg

100_1064.jpg

100_1062.jpg

100_1065.jpg

Well after having these subs for awile now I think I'm going to have to change them out. I think Im asking to much out of them. There not liking my amp at the moment every time I turn them up I start to smell the coils on them. Im only feeding them 750 rms I think its just to much for them. I have a show to go to on the 21st of OCT so I'll try and get a vid of them going up.

Its very possible..

what ohm are you running that Massive at ???

i ran mine bridged @ 2.3ohm and it poped... :popcorn:

if the coils are getting hot thats not a bad thing just turn the gain & bass Boost down

if the coils are getting hot thats not a bad thing just turn the gain & bass Boost down

Sits at 1.8. Also I think I found some of the problem. I had a bad battery. As soon as I unhooked it from the others it went to 10.3 and the others sat at 13. So I might have had some clipping going on.

Sits at 1.8. Also I think I found some of the problem. I had a bad battery. As soon as I unhooked it from the others it went to 10.3 and the others sat at 13. So I might have had some clipping going on.

1.8ohm bridged or per side ?

mine was 2.3ohm bridged / went into protect and never recovered / was a nightmare dealing with Massive getting re[aired / bassiclly they blame the customer and wont warranty it

1.8ohm bridged or per side ?

mine was 2.3ohm bridged / went into protect and never recovered / was a nightmare dealing with Massive getting re[aired / bassiclly they blame the customer and wont warranty it

So did u ever get it fixed?