Sign in to follow this  
UNIT 6639

Can FI Recone a TC 3HP motor?

still trying to make up my mind on those tc motors.

i got 1kw @ 1 ohm to play with for now. iirc, i asked scott about reconing an 8" tc2+ , and he said he was only able to do em in 4 ohm svc. what about 15" in dual 4?

and tc-7's? dual 4 15"?

so there is a lot of talk about the 3hp and 3000 being difficult, the lmt is only $6more than the 3000 motor, is it any easier to recone or have a kit made?

so there is a lot of talk about the 3hp and 3000 being difficult, the lmt is only $6more than the 3000 motor, is it any easier to recone or have a kit made?

lmt has a VERY large gap. if you maybe used a very long coil, it could maybe be alright, but it wouldnt really be worth it..

not difficult. They just need redrilled and tapped. Had it done to my old lightning motor and am about to have it done for a friends too.

still trying to make up my mind on those tc motors.

i got 1kw @ 1 ohm to play with for now. iirc, i asked scott about reconing an 8" tc2+ , and he said he was only able to do em in 4 ohm svc. what about 15" in dual 4?

and tc-7's? dual 4 15"?

?

one more time...

and tc-7's? dual 4 15"?

one more time...

and tc-7's? dual 4 15"?

I would do a TC-9. It is much more easy to work with as i understand. they told me they could do just about any size with that motor, and it will sound great.

i was planning on doing a couple 12's or 15's for my next setup. still undecided. may go with a pair of maw 15's if anything.

any update on this? anyone got a recone for their 3hp and have it work?

would REALLY love to know

Coulda sworn i posted this...

The 3hp's are looking at $125 (12"), $133 (15"), and $148 (18") to do that for the 3HPs if sent in. I dont want to machine adaptor plates otherwise... it takes too long...lol This is basket, gasket, tapping, and recones (plus shipping back to you). The motors have to be sent in.

Thanks!

-Nick

Can FI recone a TC9 motor? i am interested in making it a fifteen. All I will have is the motor. If FI can recone it how much would it cost for the basket and the rest of the parts to make it a working sub. And also can I customize it like the BTL?

Coulda sworn i posted this...

The 3hp's are looking at $125 (12"), $133 (15"), and $148 (18") to do that for the 3HPs if sent in. I dont want to machine adaptor plates otherwise... it takes too long...lol This is basket, gasket, tapping, and recones (plus shipping back to you). The motors have to be sent in.

Thanks!

-Nick

so when you get one may you put pics up of it, how many spiders would be on this and would the design let the motor perform to its max excursion of 3"?

Can FI recone a TC9 motor? i am interested in making it a fifteen. All I will have is the motor. If FI can recone it how much would it cost for the basket and the rest of the parts to make it a working sub. And also can I customize it like the BTL?

A TC9 motor with cooling channels would be a pretty funny proposition :D

Guest Royafergegoca

How i may contact admin this site? I have a question.

iijiivei

Sign in to follow this