solidcrowd

12" Icon brief review

Hey i just got my 12" icon D1 in last week and i must say i like it! It's in a 2.2cuft box tuned to 32hz powered by a jbl gto1201.1(1100rms rated) with 0 gauge knu wiring. It slams the lows like crazy. My last setup was a pioneer 3004spl in a 1.75cube box tuned to 32hz. Now the icon is classified as a sq woofer but it blows the pioneer out of the water in both sq and spl. I love how i can turn down the gains and lpf if i want some smooth clean bass and then set my gains to 40hz @ -6db and have bass that literally rattles my rearview mirror right off. I am very impressed in my purchase and for 263 dollars shipped to my door with a sticker :D lol you can't go wrong. Although i noticed some rock songs sound a little sloppy and a little to rumbly, but i think it's most likely my cd's since i have them in data format and have cheap rcas. Next week im ordering some rca's to see if thats the problem. I'll have pics up when i get home.

The onset of sloppiness is usually indicative of a front end that needs a little upgrading. Glad you're digging it, though!

Glad you like it. I would also recommend addressing the front stage and perhaps review your eq settings. Generically speaking there should be no boost only cuts (which of course defeats ye olde bass boost 100% and rightfully so). As for your box question, you could surely try to tune lower perhaps like 28hz or run sealed, but you will lose output with running sealed. I do think that you should address other things before changing your box and think you will find that you can "unlock" what you desire.

What frequency and at what slope do you have it crossed over at?

I am glad you like the ICON. Everyone who owns one loves it. :)

mark u might as well chage ur quotes too something like they sell them self.

everyone is loving them

mark u might as well chage ur quotes too something like they sell them self.

everyone is loving them

another over satisfied customer, glad your loving them! :drink40:

Omg i just set my low pass filter to 80 hz on my amp and 80hz on my headunit and there is no muddyness anymore! I thought I knew what sq was until now, It sounds amazing. I'm going to post up some pics of my ride for the website but I'm going to wait until i get rims and tints because its all stock right now.

Omg i just set my low pass filter to 80 hz on my amp and 80hz on my headunit and there is no muddyness anymore! I thought I knew what sq was until now, It sounds amazing. I'm going to post up some pics of my ride for the website but I'm going to wait until i get rims and tints because its all stock right now.

glad you like it! i'll be sure and add your quote to the icon page

"Omg i just set my low pass filter to 80 hz on my amp and 80hz on my headunit and there is no muddyness anymore! I thought I knew what sq was until now, It sounds amazing!"

good lookn set up, PM me your system specs and more pics, i'll get it up on the ride page. make sure to include a pic of the car....

lookn good

Much better...some of us even prefer that way lower. Mine is at 40hz & 50hz, but I expect if you go that low you will feel a little left out in the bass department unless you significantly upgraded your fronts.

Glad you got pictures and you love the sound now. :)

Rest of the system > wheels and tint :)

x2!!

and those crowns are just about the sexiest amps on the planet!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: