Sign in to follow this  
skress

power drain issues

I currently am running 2 amps, 1 for comps and 1 for sub. It totals 1300rms. So, I would need about a 130a fuse as a estimate, correct? I'm gonna upgrade the big 3 and get a HO alt. I don't really know jack about amps and all that. My question is, can somebody help me figure out what size alt to get? Would a 200a be sufficient? I drive a 97 Exploder 6cyl and I think the stock alt is 95a. Any help is greatly appreciated

get as big as an alt as u can do, that way there is always room to upgrade...but i would say at least 200amp or so alt. as for the fusing it kinda depends on the amps u have and the gauge of the wire that ur running: the smallest fues u would want to run would be the total amount of fusing that is on the amp (thats if it actually is fused at the amp), the largest fuse would depend on your power wire...if ur running 4 gauge then dont go any bigger than 125amp fuse, if ur running 1/0gauge then dont go any bigger than a 325amp fuse...i always run the largest fuse i can...

If it is just a daily driver, the big three alone should be enough unless you have the most inefficient amps ever.

The amps are a Phoenix gold R8.0:4 and a Cadence TXA 1000d and it drains power really good. So, I could probably get away with the big 3 and maybe a 200 amp alt if the big 3 doesnt do it?

u shouldnt be draining that bad with 1300watt..make sure all ur grounds are solid...do the big three and see if that helps first

I have more power than that with most likely less efficient amps and just a measly stock 105a alternator with absolutely no troubles whatsoever.

You most likely most likely could get away with the big three, a run of 1/0 awg to a distro (feed 4awg from the distro to the amps). And perhaps a beefier battery up under the hood.

That should be plenty.