Sign in to follow this  
sostl

1 12" SI Mag vs 3 12" RF Hx2's

Just tryin to see how close the two are.

the Mag will be n a 03 chevy impala in a 2 cubic box tuned to 32 runnin off a sundown 1500d

the rf punch hx2's are in a 02 chevy impala in a 3 cubic sealed box runnin off a rf 1501bd

Just see if the mag can get as low and loud as the Hx2's?

Edited by sostl

the Mag will be n a 03 chevy impala in a 2 cubic box tuned to 32 runnin off a sundown 1500d

the rf punch hx2's are in a 02 chevy impala in a 3 cubic sealed box runnin off a rf 1501bd

Um, one versus three, doesn't take much more than common sense to figure the outcome there.

You have two 1500 pound cars, one with a 100HP engine, the other with a 300HP engine. Which one will be faster?

Um, one versus three, doesn't take much more than common sense to figure the outcome there.

You have two 1500 pound cars, one with a 100HP engine, the other with a 300HP engine. Which one will be faster?

That's easy...the one I'm driving.

But really, you have 3 times the surface area and about 3 times the displacement. So..3 beats 1. Now it is all dependent on install, power, etc but everything equal, the HX's got it. Now 2 15" Mags will really make it an even battle. Or, should I say give you a big advantage.

I don't think the question is really that far off.

First the RF's are sealed which is going to take away output, they can't really handle the power they are being given gracefully, and the Mag is a beast.

I would completely place my wager on the box build and design. If the RF's are cramped in that box the Mag could easily outwang it. One thing I do know for sure, I would way rather have the Mag in my ride than 3 of those HX's.

I say get the better quality single sub, get the most out of it, and if you want more, save up for a second one.

i dont really agree wit that. so u tellin me that if i had 3 Legacy subs vs 1 mag, that the legacies will b louder and sound better? i really dont think so

First the RF's are sealed which is going to take away output, they can't really handle the power they are being given gracefully, and the Mag is a beast.

I would completely place my wager on the box build and design. If the RF's are cramped in that box the Mag could easily outwang it. One thing I do know for sure, I would way rather have the Mag in my ride than 3 of those HX's.

yea they are cramped n the box. I think his wide is only 38" and i think 12" deep, so he could fit the box in the trunk

Which also proves why this is a useless question:

Lets see, I have one retarded ass install with crap gear but have 3 subs. Or my competition is a great sub in a specified box. Yep easy to tell which will sound better, but considering the comparison my bet is the process of building that ported enclosure will make the end result not any better than the RF's. Really the install is so important ignoring that consideration and asking about arbitrary subjective driver installations won't help you. Just buy the damn Mag it is a great driver you will have to wait though...

Oh, and Tirefryr never, ever said anything about the HX's sounding better just louder. In that competition the Mag will always sound better.

I got a great idea. Get a pair of SI BM's, it seems you want to run multiple subs, and the BM's are on sale right now. You can order them direct from Nick, or through Tirefryr or Sundownz.

+1 to what denim said. If you want to run multiple subs, we're clearing out our current BM 12's right now for $170 shipped each. Two BM's ported will be absolutely killer in any vehicle.

Or you could go with a single Mag ported. You'll have to find a used one for now though, as we're still working on new Mags.

well actually denim i only want to run 1 sub, that was the reason i was comparing the mag to the 3.

+1 to what denim said. If you want to run multiple subs, we're clearing out our current BM 12's right now for $170 shipped each. Two BM's ported will be absolutely killer in any vehicle.

Or you could go with a single Mag ported. You'll have to find a used one for now though, as we're still working on new Mags.

so 1 mag ported will be equal to 2 bm's ported?

No, you can't replace cone area like that. You are skipping some major steps here, what you really need to do is stop comparing A to B as none of us like to do that and it is all subjective and hypothetical and instead define what you are looking for. It will allow the forum to help you a lot better instead of getting frustrated with abstract questions that have no logical answer.

Buy numbers and many installs, the BM's really shine ported. I just thought that new with a warranty at a good price would be the best solution. Heck why not get one BM 12, port it, if you want more output, get a second.

No, you can't replace cone area like that. You are skipping some major steps here, what you really need to do is stop comparing A to B as none of us like to do that and it is all subjective and hypothetical and instead define what you are looking for. It will allow the forum to help you a lot better instead of getting frustrated with abstract questions that have no logical answer.

no i was questioning what Electrodynamic said.

Two BM's ported will be absolutely killer in any vehicle.

Or you could go with a single Mag ported.

He said 2 bm's ported or could go with 1 mag ported and all i was askin was were 2 bm's equal to 1 mag

They are not equal, two different subs, and install will determine everything. Could you make a peaky SPL box for the MAG and it peak out better then the BM's sure, but for the most part, ported and tuned to the same freq, the BM's have the cone advantage.

He said 2 bm's ported or could go with 1 mag ported and all i was askin was were 2 bm's equal to 1 mag

As stated, your question is highly flawed. Electro never said that one Mag would be louder, he never said 2 BM's would be louder, he never said one Mag would have a nicer response, he never said that 2 BM's would have a flatter response. It really makes no sense to ask these A vs. B questions. Describe your need and what you are looking for and you will get help, otherwise you are going to have a bunch of useless information guiding your buying decisions.

As stated, your question is highly flawed. Electro never said that one Mag would be louder, he never said 2 BM's would be louder, he never said one Mag would have a nicer response, he never said that 2 BM's would have a flatter response. It really makes no sense to ask these A vs. B questions. Describe your need and what you are looking for and you will get help, otherwise you are going to have a bunch of useless information guiding your buying decisions.

i didnt say he said that either. he said 2 bm's will b killer OR 1 mag ported, so i asked were they equal since he said that.

No my mind has been made up, i gettin a mag. I want a single 12 setup. i was just askin these questions just to see how it would compare to setups that my friends have. i know its intall depedent just wanted to get some feedback from people that have had or heard the mag

The Mag is a great driver, buy one and enjoy it. Going to be a little while before they are available though.

I know your mind is made up, but a single BM is formidable driver when ported. You should be able to find a Mag used though without much trouble. A single Mag ported is wicked though.

As stated, your question is highly flawed.

That was my point from the beginning.

i dont really agree wit that. so u tellin me that if i had 3 Legacy subs vs 1 mag, that the legacies will b louder and sound better? i really dont think so

That's not even compariative to your original question.

The RFs will handle that power easily. I've had them running off 1K before with no problems.

Second part, of course. I have to totally agree with you on all points.

No my mind has been made up, i gettin a mag.

Great decision!

By far, the Mag is the best subwoofer I have EVER owned. It quite possibly may be the last I ever use.

3 in sealed, sure. But I have 2 first gen 12" HX2s and can tell you in a proper tuned enclosure for them i can produce hella more output than my single mag with them. it all comes down to the space i want to give up. I prefer the sound of my single mag and am pleased with output, but if push came to shove and I needed output, I could take the 2 HX2s out of storage and annihilate the single mag in terms of output.