Sign in to follow this  
duece212

Sound quality of MAW-15 sealed?

Hey all, I just put two DD 1508's ported in the back of my extended cab f150, and to be honest they sound like poo. They do get loud, but notes just run together, no definition.

That being said I'm thinking about offloading them and trying two maw15's sealed. I'm curious if these are more of a SQ driver, for the price they are hard to say no to.

It'll definitely sound better than what you have, that's for sure.

It'll definitely sound better than what you have, that's for sure.

Good times, thanks for the quick reply. I like to try different stuff and have tried re8's and rli-8's in the past and dug them, I've only had these dd 8's in for about a week and I'm just not diggin them at all.

edit...just put two on order, I guess I will find out how they sound soon :)

Edited by duece212

They are decent, great if you consider the price. :)

Before you dump your units, consider trying them out in a sealed config. You might get a sound quality improvement...

Before you dump your units, consider trying them out in a sealed config. You might get a sound quality improvement...

Already have them up for sale and have two maw-15's on the way, with some quick shipping from SSA's store their slated to be here Thursday. I think sealed the 1508's wouldn't give me the output I'm lookin for. Also I just like to try different things, and selling the 8's covers the cost of the 15's so I get to try different hardware with no impact on the wallet :D

i got 2 maw15's sealed.. sounds good and gets loud.. you will be more than happy with the performace and price! what are you thinking for a box? jw..

sorry for the late reply ive been really busy lately..

o and what amp?

i got 2 maw15's sealed.. sounds good and gets loud.. you will be more than happy with the performace and price! what are you thinking for a box? jw..

sorry for the late reply ive been really busy lately..

o and what amp?

I am thinking I'm going to do two boxes, each 2.2 cubes so I can put a woofer behind each front seat firing into the seat. I think part of the problem with my 8's (besides them just not being SQ drivers) is no matter where I put them they are in direct ear shot in my truck, so I hear any noise the subs make. That instantly draws the soundstage backwards when its obvious where the sound is coming from.

So, I'm going to try and fire them into the seats and hope I get more feel and less sound throwing off the sound stage up front...if that makes any sense. I cut them at 80 which I know is high, but with my cheap/lazy front stage thats where it has to be for now.

Amp is a modified mmats d300hc. Almost enough power at 4ohms, too much at 1ohm, so it will be ran at 4ohms...roughly 900 watts.