todd.brust

Adire Brahma Re-cone to 18"

i think that this question will mostly be aimed at Scott....i recently purchased a "damaged" brahma mark II 12"(i think, no idea which is which but i am tol the mark II) that wasn't damaged at all really...just had to fix a bad glue joint and it works perfect now...

30 bucks and a 2 dollar tube of adhesive isn't too bad, but for my real question

i bought it with the intentions of re-coning it to an 18" Fi Brahma Hybrid of some sort....

i was wondering if it could be done...or has it been done?

i was thinking a dual 2 ohm coil with at least 1100 watts power handling...

i still want to retain good sound quality also...not sure if i would want to do it ported or sealed though...

just looking for ideas and a price possibility

and another side question.....the brahma that i have had a re-cone done on it right before adire closed its doors....probably one of the last re-cones, but with the re-cone would the speaker keep the same t/s parameters or would they change because of different soft parts coils etc...?

No guarantees on how it will preform because there never was an 18" brahma...but one can be made

The parameters would be skewed quite a bit...and in all honestly the sub should have never been rated at more then 800 watts, because the coil is VERY small...

i'm also looking at getting my hands on an mkII. let's hope i find something about the recones :D

i've been waiting! i got excited when i saw this was under new posts expecting to get a response...not yet though...i honestly love my mark II...sounds great even with little power...

I've been in your boat before. I've had brahmas reconed locally into 18s and again into 10s. The results were pretty awesome. I ended up dealing with George Wu at Atomic Loudspeakers in CA for the final build. Those subs have seen over 2000 watts a piece for daily ground pounding and were so purty that I mounted them inverted to show off the nice motor assembly. Too bad adire isn't around any more. They were a solid company with solid product and they brought alot to the industry. I hope Dan Wiggins is doing well.