Sign in to follow this  
amc3000

Recommended setup?

Hello all. I have just found out about Fi yesterday. Seems like a solid product. Everywhere I read everyone has positive things to say about them. I am in the market for new audio toys in my truck. Stumbled on this website and thought id ask some of you gurus about some suggestions. Some info for you. I have a 05' Single Cab Dodge Ram 1500. I have taken down some measurements of what the enclosure "could" be up to.

I would like if possible a slight wedge box so I can still lean my passenger seat back a little. This is what I came up with.

Length of box from side to side = 38"

Height of box = 18"

Bottom width = 11"

Top width = 8"

Ive done this calulation on Fosgates box builder, and comes up with 2.96cf before any bracing or spacers if I go ported which I kinda prefer. If I build a rectangle, id have 11" on the top width which would give me over 3cf total but would like to keep it "wedgelike".

I listen to all kinds of music. This would be a daily sub but listen to a good bit of music with low bass such as rap. I will not be doing any kind of SPL comps. I am leaning towards one of the 12"s. Not sure which one however. The SSD, the Q, or the BL. I am not familiar enough the subs to just pick one. I have never heard any of them. I can only read what is on the site. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by amc3000

Welcome amc3000

First of all to help narrow down your choices a few questions...

What are you looking for in your substage.. a low end monster, nice sound quality or freakin getting as loud as i can ?

And most importantly what are you looking to power the sub with (as far as amplifier brand and wattage) ?

Thanks for the reply. I am leaning more towards a low end monster and SQ. I know im not going to be pulling any 150's with a single 12" so, I guess im just looking for the most I can get out of a 12". I wont be doing any kind of SPL competitions either. I guess i mixture of low end and SQ. Not sure if that helps any.

As for power, I havent bought an amp yet so.. I am kinda open to suggestions. I dont really want to spend 600 dollars on one either. Maybe this one? http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4199

Edited by amc3000

Low end = SQ and also equals sealed. Of course I still question your definition of SQ because if that were truly the case you would be describing your front stage and how it will need to blend with it. If you are partially leading us in the right direction a sealed Q would be a great choice.

Edit: boo on the Hifonics. Don't buy it and run from it.

Note: If you attach a link, listing what the link is for above it will help as many of us aren't so into clicking on links.

love the Q 12 in a sealed enclosure off a nice Sundown SAE-1000d...

If you email Denim or SSaudio support@soundsolutionsaudio.com for a price quote on the Sundowns..

Trust me, it may cost a tad more then the HiFonics but it is WELL WELL worth it .....

www.sounddomain.com check out the fosgate amps, crazy good sale on them. i'm in the process of setting up a 15" Q on a fosgate p1000-1bd. extrememly anxious!!!

I've got a ported Q12 and I scored 138.1 at SA Heatwave in an SQ setup in a BMW. Newer BMWs are HORRIBLE for SPL. So you'll get plenty of output from a single Q12 in a pickup truck.

Low end monster? Accurate sub bass? You're describing a Q.

Sign in to follow this