Sign in to follow this  
Timinsk

FI BL18 Options?

Not a fan of those speakers you chose either.

I don't remember reading about a head unit mentioned, what do you have for one, or is that something that needs to be bought too...

Personally, I'd look into upping your budget for the front stage, perhaps to $200 or so. That gives you some decent options to choose from.

I'm changing my budget actually.

I'm going to do a down payment for the truck I want so I don't need to worry about saving really, just paying for gas, insurance and monthly fees now. So I'm upping my budget to 750 USD now instead of it beign 500 USD...

I was thinking to save me on shipping I'll buy everything from one website as well.

I'm back to stage 1 to be exact. I need:

Front Speakers (to be crisp and clear, but be enough power for front and back speakers so I can disable back and get a better amp so its less to spend i think)

Front Speaker AMP

Sub Woofer x2 15" or a x1 18"

Sub Woofer AMP

Sub Woofer Box Dimensions to work with for the back of the truck: [W: 49.25" |H: 22.5" |L: 36" ]

I was thinking to save me on shipping I'll buy everything from one website as well.

Not a great idea, especially for saving money.

Do you already have an aftermarket head unit?

Not a great idea, especially for saving money.

Do you already have an aftermarket head unit?

really, buying from one site is bad?.. thought it be better for compatible or something.. hm, yeah the default 2din head unit, which I'm going to buy probably 1din with a spacer.

Buying from one website isn't necessarily bad... But if you do want to do that then elemental designs would definitely be the best route, i would think... since they do give 15% off of packages. But again, for a GOOD, complete setup (frontstage, amps, sub(s), enclosure, wiring, etc.) even 750 is gonna be tough.

Edited by htown860

But if upping it more is absolutely not an option, then i'd look into ebay, just make sure who you buy from has a lot of good feedback, and also make sure the stuff is new, and not used or refurb.

Used isn't always bad either, you just need to know who you're buying from, whether or not they can be trusted...

True, i personally don't like buying used, but you can get good deals that way. But like i said before, what you can always do is buy the sub/amp/wiring first... and just have it set lower so it doesn't drown out your interiors until you buy new ones

I haven't heard much about them, but I believe it's a pretty good company. That site has them under High Quality, and they pretty much know what they're talking about.

I haven't been impressed with the PBX stuff I've heard...their subwoofers sound like ass and I've heard about reliability problems with their amps, and they don't make anything worth it for front speakers.

really? hm, well considerably thisll be my first time having an audio system.. A owner of the store was talking to me on another forum, and he said for me to come down to here some of it. He said he could recommend me a full Powerbass System for 500$ but since I raised it to 750$ I guess I could get a bit more hopefully. :\

yeah, i can't really give any feedback on powerbass equip. as i haven't heard any. but if you hear it, and you like it, then that's what matters.

with car audio it's a lot of trial and error, that's why it's an expensive... "hobby" if you will. you'll buy this system, and then you'll want bigger and better within a couple months. it happens.

ahh ok, well I'll get it, as I'll hopefully talk to the owner of this store tomorrow, and see what its like. :) Then soon after get it in a few months and tell what i think about it.

Sign in to follow this