yenwen

Eating Fuses...

Whenever I'm blasting my sub my fuse will blow in less than a minute.

I'm running 80amp AGU fuse with 4 gauge wires and a PPI 2200 amp. What could cause this? Is there anyway I can fix this problem? I'm not sure but I think my ground wire is a 8 gauge.

Oh and I'm looking to have someone build a custom box for me that involves bending plexi glass.

Plexiglass is quite brittle, you need lexan.

As far as the fuses go... I can't believe you admitted to having an 8awg ground.

Power wire and ground wire MUST be the same size for adequate current flow.

Find out how much the amp pulls in amperage. If its higher than 80a, then there's your problem. The amp is overdrawing the fuse.

how do i test that? Plus I might need to run new wire. A friend of mine says I actually have 8 gauge. I'm pulling 800watts. I've blown 100amp AGU in less than 2 minutes

I had an Orion HCCA425 with the same symptom. One of the power supplies had a intermittent short that would show itself with vibration and heat. Once I started wangin, it would pop the fuse. I suspect a problem within the amp.

OK so I checked and I'm running 4gauge but there are these 8gauge wires I think that's hooked up to my Cap. I think another problem is that I have my sub wired at 1ohm and my amp is 4ohm

Thanks for your help but I think I found out why my fuse kept blowing. I rewired my sub to 4ohm and it seems to be doing just fine. I will probably switch out to a 120 amp ANL fuse just because ANL fuse would be more reliable and my wiring will allow it.

So basically what was happening was that your sub(s) (presumably wired to a 1 ohm load) was causing the amp to draw more current than that fuse could support. Thus blowing the fuse.

if u want something that involves plexi, check out gately audio..they have a section over at *****.com....they do custom acrylic boxes and look super cool...