SouthPole1989

15" icon in a sub up port back enclosure

hi , i am wondering has anyone tried putting a 15" icon in a sub up port back type enclosure in a trunk car. i would really like to use a 15" but my trunk height is only 15.5 inches high so this is the only way that i can think of.

You could do it, but expect your trunk lid to be a bit lively.

i've done it with many subs, and ///m5 nailed it. expect the lid to be quite active.

what kind of vehicle is it?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the king of all that is rattles a 96saturn sl2 but i have already foamed the most of it and am about to but like 5 to 6 layers of peel and seal on ( my lowes only has the big 80 doller one which i can do my whole 5 times with. also is there any advantages of using a 15 or 2 12"

Edited by SouthPole1989

Careful with the peel 'n seal, i hear it doesn't like to stick.

the major advantage of 1 15" over 2x12" is the price...and you only have to fit one sub

i'm getting a new car in a year so hopefully it will last atleast that long and plus i'm only going to do my rear deck and my trunk in peal and seal so if it does mess up i have easy access to it.

each has its advantage and disadvantage. hey if you have the space to spare go as big as possible. if not keep it moderate.

oh and yeah pointing the subs towards the lid is a bad idea. i have a remote trunk release which no longer works thanks to teh moofers.

would putting like a port type thing in my rear deck help with output? my rear seats do full down but most of the time i drive with them up for 2 reasons one being i mount my amps on it and when the seats are down they are in the florida sun in a black car so they do get hot and 2 for thieft. and i don't have remote trunk opening so no problems their.

It will help with letting more sound from the sub woofer get into the cabin.