Sign in to follow this  
member02

Recone for a brahma please?

I'm finally good with money, and I'm looking to turn my brahma MKII motor into the first 18" brahma MKII I know of... and of course I've known you guys were the best people to ask, specifically scott has been referred to me by marshall, black00...

email me back or here, deuplonicus@deuplonicus.com

thanks a ton for taking your time, steve

don't even try it! lol

i'd try to e-mail Fi...i asked a while ago and never got a reply on here...

too bad i am broke now....let me know how this project turns out

did you sell the MT yet?

naw, some idiot from the UK wanted the Mt shipped to him, upon finding out it costs $375 at the cheapest shipping rate he never paid for it, so I gave up trying to sell it and decided just to keep it with the other 4 subs in my closet.

lol...what else is sitting in there...do you want a TC-1000 to add to your closet collection...lol

useful response :

Adrian,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Yes, we can provide you with a Brahma Mk2 recone kit. The kit is $80

plus

shipping.

hooray for good price!!!

HOWEVER, I wonder if you noticed that I'm trying to recone a brahma Mk2 into an 18", I don't have and 18" basket laying around and would need that too, thanks!!!

hooray for good price!!!

HOWEVER, I wonder if you noticed that I'm trying to recone a brahma Mk2 into an 18", I don't have and 18" basket laying around and would need that too, thanks!!!

have you emailed scott at Sales@ficaraudio.com ? just email him direct asking for billing information for a drop in recone kit for the MK2 brahma with an 18" basket. he'll most likely email you telling you it'll cost so and so and send payment thru paypal and to write in the comments box the contents of the purchase, I.E. Recone kit for AA Brahma MK2 18 Dual 2ohm coils with 18" basket and gasket.

if you email him today you should most likely receive an email within 2 days, hence them being a little backed up and all.

Edited by fbi90909

hooray for good price!!!

not sure how much the basket is.

but email and patience is the solution ;)

what is this XBL^2 speaker you speak of? who makes them? how much are they? can they handle 4000watts?

oh...i get it...i have problems picking up sarcasm in text

and the driver we speak of is called the jackhammer..and it will handle 30K watts if you could find an amp capable

lol

the jackhammer?? no way! my home boy has one sitting in the front seat of his Jeep wrangler hooked up to 8 Legacy 4000W amps. his system slams sooo hard it don't need a box! it's just sitting there strapped in the seat belt!! WOWZERZ!

oh...i get it...i have problems picking up sarcasm in text

and the driver we speak of is called the jackhammer..and it will handle 30K watts if you could find an amp capable

lol

I forgot the " :P "

It helps decipher the sarcasm more eaisly

Email sent.

Sorry for the delay in response we have been caught up with the SEMA show for the past week+ and are just now wading though the several hundered emails we have built up during that time.

Like I have told others about doing a Brahma 18"... we can do it, but it wont be the most useful of subs going. The Qts will be high and I have always said that the 1600W RMS rating was nuts. Id call it 750W at best. Itd be an original single spider with a lighter curvilinear cone to try and keep the moving mass down. Yes, we can do it... but dont expect it to fit in a "small" enclosure.

Thanks,

Scott

hey, I'm making this a home audio sub, with about 600w and using a large ported box (my last box that I had the 18Mt in was 22 cubic ft tuned to 23hz!!)

wait what? i thought you were going to the the Brahma 18 in vehicle....did you keep the MT or are you eliminating your 18" in vehicle subwoofer?

Email sent.

Sorry for the delay in response we have been caught up with the SEMA show for the past week+ and are just now wading though the several hundered emails we have built up during that time.

Like I have told others about doing a Brahma 18"... we can do it, but it wont be the most useful of subs going. The Qts will be high and I have always said that the 1600W RMS rating was nuts. Id call it 750W at best. Itd be an original single spider with a lighter curvilinear cone to try and keep the moving mass down. Yes, we can do it... but dont expect it to fit in a "small" enclosure.

Thanks,

Scott

is IB big enough ?

:lol:

wait what? i thought you were going to the the Brahma 18 in vehicle....did you keep the MT or are you eliminating your 18" in vehicle subwoofer?

Well, the MT just won't sell, lol, it's the wrong time of the year to b selling SPL subs, and the box the MT is in is ~4.5 cubes tuned to ~29hz, and that is what I consider a small box, and it's probably too small for the B18/

besides wouldn't a B18 totally kick ass inside?

well, I can't decide, one has to go: the XJ-15 (that great cheap 15" screw up from kyle at acoustic visions) in my living room or the 18" MT in my santa fe - which has already been downgraded to a smaller amp ~800 watts now.

800 watts on the MT...LOL HAHAHAHAHA sorry i had to say something...but that might be a box too small for a high Qts driver...but i'll agree on the 18" in home...i kind of want to do the same with my brahma and run it IB(might be a huge enclosure)... replace the dahlquist sub and get the brahma on it's own power....i don't watch many movies on the home set up...just music

but when did you get an XJ-15? i never remember seeing that....lol just the santa fe...how is that acoustic visions sub anyways? i wanted to pick one of those up but never had the money(what else is new) did you just do a big ported box or run it IB?

800 watts on the MT...LOL HAHAHAHAHA sorry i had to say something...but that might be a box too small for a high Qts driver...but i'll agree on the 18" in home...i kind of want to do the same with my brahma and run it IB(might be a huge enclosure)... replace the dahlquist sub and get the brahma on it's own power....i don't watch many movies on the home set up...just music

but when did you get an XJ-15? i never remember seeing that....lol just the santa fe...how is that acoustic visions sub anyways? i wanted to pick one of those up but never had the money(what else is new) did you just do a big ported box or run it IB?

I got the Xj-15 back when it came out and I installed it in a less than optimal box according to everyone on CSO at the time, however I think it sounds fine, however I'm also deaf, and the box isn't big enough for a proposed 18brahma with a stiff Qts

I put it in a ported box tuned below 30hz (forgot the tuning) just a normal ported box with a decent sized MDF vent, probably one of the least drastic boxes I've ever built. Plus it's not big enough to cut out the hole bigger for an 18 inch sub.

oh yeah, i still need a real home sub amp, right now I'm running a 30 amp ac-to-dc converter to an old car amp to run the sub off a kenwood reciever's rca outputs/// surprisingly, the gains needed to be LOW on the car audio amp.

I got the Xj-15 back when it came out and I installed it in a less than optimal box according to everyone on CSO at the time, however I think it sounds fine, however I'm also deaf, and the box isn't big enough for a proposed 18brahma with a stiff Qts

I put it in a ported box tuned below 30hz (forgot the tuning) just a normal ported box with a decent sized MDF vent, prolly one of the least drastic boxes I've ever built. Plus it's not big enough to cut out the hole bigger for an 18 inch sub.

oh yeah, i still need a real home sub amp, right now I'm running a 30 amp ac-to-dc converter to an old car amp to run the sub off a kenwood reciever's rca outputs/// surprisingly, the gains needed to be LOW on the car audio amp.

oh damn i completely misunderstood...when you said xj-15...i thought you mean like a Jaguar car...lol i get it now...i'd scrap the 15" sub and put the brahma inside...i don't think that fiberglass box would work well...you'd have way to high of a peak with a high qts speaker, i would guess....

Scrap the xj and replace with brahma...i still would like to see the predicted brahma specs...just so i could model it out and see how it would perform in a huge IB enclosure...like 20 cu. ft. depending on the Vas numbers and how high the qts is

btw i think i am going deaf too...that's why my brahma will probably only be running 300 watts when i get it working again...and if i ever re-cone it to an 18" it will be inside and i'll have an even less extreme sub in my car

chit i am running a 6w0 in my back dash...and i am almost satisfied with that.....almost...lol except some god damn rattling...i have to remove the stock sub amp because i am pretty sure that's what is making the rattles....

wow completely OT sorry, my ADD got the best of me...i should try some ritalin or aderal or whatever you call it

lol

Sign in to follow this