tommy

15's or 18's sealed for ht

looking to use 2 Mach5Audio MAW-15's or 2 mj-18's in a downfiring sealed box for my ht. power would be coming from a behringer rack amp. what size box would be recommended for either set-up . thanks

I can't think of a reason why more cone area would be a bad thing.

Go with Mark's recommended sealed enclosure for the MJ-18s.

More displacement is best when trying to reach those lower frequencies in movies!

Well my ht isn't really ht. 90 % music. And also I asked about the box sizes because they seemed really small to me for some reason.

You can certainly go with a larger sized sealed enclosure if space allows. Don't be shy by going as high as 30% larger. It all comes down to how easy a box that big is on the eyes though. :)

Best,

Mark

The MJ is fine sealed, and yes it does well in a smallish box.

Maybe ill try 2 18s at 3 cubes each and roll from there. See what the output is like. I want crazy volume.

looking to use 2 Mach5Audio MAW-15's or 2 mj-18's in a downfiring sealed box for my ht. power would be coming from a behringer rack amp. what size box would be recommended for either set-up . thanks

i could sell you my 2 maw 15s.. pm me if your interested.. (they are brand new btw.. not even broken in yet..)

but i do agree 2 mj's would b the better choice..

i just want stupid out put. i could go with 15's or 18's. but the 18's have more efficency and more cone area for not $ more. box size i also don't care. i'll just check out the ohm loads ....

wonder how the spl 12 would do well in ht. like 2400 watts and sealed....

got to port that monster

i just want stupid out put. i could go with 15's or 18's. but the 18's have more efficiency and more cone area for not $ more. box size i also don't care. I'll just check out the ohm loads ....

Not much into the car audio, however, I do have an excellent HT. Two towers with MTMWW in each. The father of MTM designed them and I built them. The center and rears a friend. All Focal drivers. As for the subs, let me see. In the hunt for couch moving bass, several 15" Dayton's, 13" Focal, and a 15" Blueprint, ported and sealed....for output nothing I have built or listened to, including passive radiator, beats ported. Ported my not be musical, except my 11V75 poly dual woofers in each tower, but it will move my couch. BIG BOXES, nothing smaller than 5.5cu'. Now I think 18" would scratch the Itch, that was my next plan-TWO and ported.

But that may just be me, take a poll!

Paul