Sign in to follow this  
civicman07

FI Q v. RE SX

you don't divide any of them with any of them. What exactly are you trying to do?

you don't divide any of them with any of them. What exactly are you trying to do?

Im trying to figure out how u get the Recommended 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot.

if your box is one cubic foot you need between 12-16 if it is two cubic feet you need 24-32 and so on

if your box is one cubic foot you need between 12-16 if it is two cubic feet you need 24-32 and so on

ok someone else explained it to me so i understand now, i know that part that u just said.

Im trying to figure out how u get the Recommended 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot.

ok someone else explained it to me so i understand now, i know that part that u just said.

Ok then, since I answered the only question you have directly asked and you already knew the answer perhaps you should ask a different question. We are trying to help, but to help you we have to know what you need help with.

Ok then, since I answered the only question you have directly asked and you already knew the answer perhaps you should ask a different question. We are trying to help, but to help you we have to know what you need help with.

I did ask a question i needed help with i asked (how u get the Recommended 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot.) With the numbers i gave. I gave the numbers from my design off re box calculator and i asked how do i figure out if i got the Recommended 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot.

I was told by someone else that u divide thre port area by cubic feet and i came out with about 16 square inches of vent area per cubic feet, so im pretty sure i got it figured out though, thansk for everyones help.

Right on their website they recommend anywhere between 12 to 16 square inches of port area per cubic foot of box. The only math you do depends on the size of your box. For exampl:

1cuft - anywhere between 12 to 16 square inches

2cuft - anywhere between 24 to 32 square inches

3cuft - anywhere between 36 to 48 square inches

4cuft - anywhere between 48 to 64 square inches

Right on their website they recommend anywhere between 12 to 16 square inches of port area per cubic foot of box. The only math you do depends on the size of your box. For exampl:

Like i said i understand that part, the part i didnt understand is how to figure out how much port area i have.

Like i said i understand that part, the part i didnt understand is how to figure out how much port area i have.

area = height x width

Ok, well thanks, thats the same number as i asked about before. my port height is 14.5 and its 3.5 wide that equals 50.75. which on re box cal. it has port area at 50.75, so i take 50.75 divided by my cubic feet and i get around 16 something, so i was asking the right question the whole time, thansk for your help.

Sign in to follow this