Sign in to follow this  
civicman07

FI Q v. RE SX

Im looking at both of these subs right now, going to run one 15 in about a 3.5 tuned to 32 or so. I would like to get some truthful opinions and differences on these subs. I know price wise the FI Q is cheaper but what other differences do the 2 have?

I think a BL would be a closer comparion to an SX than a Q.

The Q will defintely sound better and will be about as loud as an SX.

Edited by bigjae1976

Depends on your application and goals. Personally I am not an SX fan at all.

Depends on your application and goals. Personally I am not an SX fan at all.

Please tell me why not a sx? Well im just looking for a daily pounder thats loud and deep, lets say price wasnt an issue. I listen to lots of rap and metal, mostly rap.

I think a BL would be a closer comparion to an SX than a Q.

The Q will defintely sound better and will be about as loud as an SX.

Actually i would've thought that the sx is closer to the SSD.

I will revoice my opinion, I'd never put an SX in my ride as I really don't like the way they respond at all.

In few words, they sound like ass.

I wasn't impressed with the ones I've heard, not musical to me.

Yep, I was trying to be nice. I would have used shit instead of ass, but wth same stuff.

yea ive been hearing they are not great sounding, im still on the fence between the 2. but for what i have heard on here and roe sound sliek more pople say the FI Q. Hopefully one 15 will sound pretty good.

one of my buddies has 2 bl fully loaded and to me its way too much... the ssd is a really nice daily pounder that can hit and go low but the output is limited... ive been wanting to try a fi q... from what i hear they are very musical but pound at the same time... id lean towards FI... ive never been a big fan of RE besides from their 8s... look in to Ascendant Audio Havoc aswell

An SX is quite peaky and really doesn't excel at getting deep. They do get loud though. I've seen a lot of SX's used in a lot of SPL applications (aka Fart Box) tuned pretty high.

I think an SSD is closer to an SE... balanced daily driver.

If I had the choice and its deep bass that you want, I'd go for the Q hands down. A BL would be a good choice if you have more than 1000 watts to power 1 sub with.

yea ive been hearing they are not great sounding, im still on the fence between the 2. but for what i have heard on here and roe sound sliek more pople say the FI Q. Hopefully one 15 will sound pretty good.

Interesting, what exactly are your goals?? Curious as to how you can be on the fence with a fartbox driver and one that isn't.

i wouldn't call the sx a high tuned fart box sub at all, i had one in a box tuned to 29 hz and it belted out 140 at 30 hz with no problems. sure it might not win any sq awards, but it's fine for a daily sub.

He didn't say "high tuned fart box", fart boxes can occur anywhere in the spectrum :)

Maybe they sound acceptable to some people...that's a question left up to the end user. They don't for me, and I'm not "trying to win any SQ awards".

He didn't say "high tuned fart box", fart boxes can occur anywhere in the spectrum :)

Maybe they sound acceptable to some people...that's a question left up to the end user. They don't for me, and I'm not "trying to win any SQ awards".

oh, ok my misunderstanding. :)

Well like i said before just looking for a dialy sub that pounds but sounds good think im going to go with the Q, Having a hard tiem desgining a box for it being its going in my civic and that trunk sucks, but i should make a thread on some box help. Having a problem figuring out a few lil things, recomended for the Q is 12-16 square inches of port area per cubic foot. Well Im using the re audio box caculator for a slot port box and not sure what number is the port area number, Is it the total port length or the total port area?

Well like i said before just looking for a dialy sub that pounds but sounds good think im going to go with the Q, Having a hard tiem desgining a box for it being its going in my civic and that trunk sucks, but i should make a thread on some box help. Having a problem figuring out a few lil things, recomended for the Q is 12-16 square inches of port area per cubic foot. Well Im using the re audio box caculator for a slot port box and not sure what number is the port area number, Is it the total port length or the total port area?

The area you use to compute the length, therefore you input the area and the software computes the length. Personally I do it by hand as I don't trust those online things though.

The area you use to compute the length, therefore you input the area and the software computes the length. Personally I do it by hand as I don't trust those online things though.

sorry still a lil confused, so do i take the total port length divided by the cubic feet? or do i take the total port area divided by the cubic feet?

sorry still a lil confused, so do i take the total port length divided by the cubic feet? or do i take the total port area divided by the cubic feet?

anyone? i need to get started on a box so i need some help on this

neither, they are unrelated.

You need NET box volume (aka subtract the sub and port size from it) and then you need port area to compute the length of the port.

If that doesn't clear it up you need to try to ask the question with more detail since we obviously don't quite get what you don't understand.

neither, they are unrelated.

You need NET box volume (aka subtract the sub and port size from it) and then you need port area to compute the length of the port.

If that doesn't clear it up you need to try to ask the question with more detail since we obviously don't quite get what you don't understand.

Ok heres all my figures. my net box volume is 3.02, my port length is 32.75, and my port area is 50.75. so do i take 50.75 divided by 3.02 or do i take 32.75 divided by 3.02? Pretty sure its the 50.75, all my numbers are off re audios box calculator.

Sign in to follow this