Sign in to follow this  
patented17

How to hook up two alternators with different amp outputs?

Hey, I was wondering how you would go about hooking up two different alternators? I have a 180 amp alternator installed on my car right now, and I was wondering if it would be possible to hook up my stock alternator also. I'm trying to do this because I have a 2500D and I have read it sucks a lot of juice. I'm guessing I would need some kind of regulator, just trying to make it where my 180 would be for my audio. Then the 80 amp would be solely for my car's electronics. Any kind of past experiences or info would be awesome.

Thanks

Taylor

What are you playing that your 2500 soaks up more than 180a?

I was told that 180 amps was the biggest I could get for my Camry. I'm not sure if it would suck in more then 180 amps, I just read that it sucks a lot of amps. So I assumed it was around a IA 20.1 at around 220 amps or so, If I could get bigger I would. I just though that with my car's electronics,2500D,components, and my BTL. I though I might get some electrical issues, I've done the Big 3. I just tend to over think and over prepare.

I doubt you are going to have troubles, unless you are chasing tenths.

i have a 94 camry (92 - 96 all the same) and i have a 200 amp iraggi alternator. check ebay. 1st one broke but he payed for shipping back and sent a new one while broken one was on way back. had a new one up in a week after i told him about it going down. pretty quick. still inconvence but great guy.

Nice, I went though excessive amperage. I was going to try Iraggi but, I couldn't find one for my car at the time. Anyways, the EA alt. is doing fantastic and hasn't let me down yet.