michael

recone?

Can I get a recone for 2 jl 12 w6's? My boy just smoked them and gave them to me. The only specs that I could find was, 300 watts rms, 2.5 inch coil, 11.1 xmax, and they are dual 6 ohm coils. And the dust cap comes with the recone? And what would be the new spes with the recone?

no, you cant.

why not?

they don't have 2.5 inch coils

no, you cant.

why not?

they don't have 2.5 inch coils

Do you know where i can get a recone without going to JL for the recone?

Jl told me that they dont recone subs that old. Can someone tell what to do with them other then putting them in the trash. I know i can recone them i just need to find a recone kit.... any help

Jl told me that they dont recone subs that old. Can someone tell what to do with them other then putting them in the trash. I know i can recone them i just need to find a recone kit.... any help

no.

Edited by NDMstang65

Sorry man, can't help ya...you've got some nice paperweights though :)

Jl told me that they dont recone subs that old.

Wow. Thats great customer service, and standing behind your product. :worthless:

Jl told me that they dont recone subs that old.

Wow. Thats great customer service, and standing behind your product. :worthless:

That's ignorant.

Have you ever heard of quality control? Did you think about the fact that perhaps the W6 has evolved from previous generations to the point where it isn't economical to keep old parts in stock just in the case that someone blows up their 8 year old W6.

edited because I'm an ass.

Could be, but take into consideration that JBL had parts available for some pretty ancient speakers up until recently. And I can still get many parts for my thirty year old Toyota truck, even the hubcaps, straight from the dealer. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it confuses/annoys me how some companies have great parts support, and others, really lousy support for the customer down the road.

Also, no need to be using such hateful words. :P Why can't we all be friends?! :69: Okay, well, maybe not that kinda friends. o.oD I have a dream, that one day, asians, and lovers of teh boobies can get along on forums, even if they have differing view points!

-SteveSan

I have an old school 12w6 dual 6 ohm sub right now...sound quality is awesome.

IMO it isn't worth reconing...theres no point to recone these. The new W6s rape these old school ones...I still love mine though

I have an old school 12w6 dual 6 ohm sub right now...sound quality is awesome.

IMO it isn't worth reconing...theres no point to recone these. The new W6s rape these old school ones...I still love mine though

I want to get them reconed because the do sound good and hit hard. Plus I have a 1989 Bronco on 53 inch V-treads(6000$), 5 ton rears(3000$), and one sick 460 worked to a 488(11000$) with 600hp+ 250 shot of NOS!!!! I dont want to spend any more money on the bronco so thats why i wanted a recone. But i guess i wil have to get new subs. I see 2 15'' Q's going in there very soon. I have to many toys so the wife is bitchin about everything i buy. A list of my toys- 1989 bronco, 2003 Excursion, 2003 mach 1, 2002 raptor 660 worked to a 770, 2007 raptor 700, 2005 Hayabusa soon to have a turbo, and i want to get a new SRT8 Charger and sell the Mach 1. I waste MONEY and lots of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool, since you're in the theme of wasting money... spread the love my friend. I need a few things.

I want to get them reconed because the do sound good and hit hard. Plus I have a 1989 Bronco on 53 inch V-treads(6000$), 5 ton rears(3000$), and one sick 460 worked to a 488(11000$) with 600hp+ 250 shot of NOS!!!! I dont want to spend any more money on the bronco so thats why i wanted a recone. But i guess i wil have to get new subs. I see 2 15'' Q's going in there very soon. I have to many toys so the wife is bitchin about everything i buy. A list of my toys- 1989 bronco, 2003 Excursion, 2003 mach 1, 2002 raptor 660 worked to a 770, 2007 raptor 700, 2005 Hayabusa soon to have a turbo, and i want to get a new SRT8 Charger and sell the Mach 1. I waste MONEY and lots of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, you bought all this and you don't want to spend the relatively few dollars on subs? :wtf:

Oh and as for your toys...

:ttiwwop::D

Edited by SteveSan

Wait, you bought all this and you don't want to spend the relatively few dollars on subs? :wtf:

Oh and as for your toys...

:ttiwwop::D

xeleventybillion!!!!

if i had that kinda chedder, i could think of a whole bunch of subs that i'd throw in there, and nothing reconed about them.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: