luckydogg72

anyone know anything about RD AUDIO amps

While I haven't spent any time looking for info on their amps, I did see pictures of the 3250.1d

It looks decently full of components inside, no word on if it does rated power+ or - .

RD as a whole get a mixed response from me. Their owner is a bit childish. And that reflects badly upon a company that may have great products.

You can read more about RD here.

Probably using the same boards 90% of the rest of the market is using...

"childish" is an understatement. He has moved into a realm where I no longer would even buy any of his stuff used. I hope his company fails, we need less assholes in the business.

If they act like that i read the forum off the link above and i would hate to have a problem with amp when i have heard and read nothing but good things about sundown customer service i was just wonderin about rd cause if they was close to sundown i could get a better deal on them than sundown but guess i'll just save up more and get sundown thanks for your help

Its the same boards as sundown but they charge more

he told me he would charge me 350 shipped for a 1750.1 then later told me he never told me that and the lowest he would go is 425 i would never buy from them, but it is definantly a good product

Glad you asked this question & honestly everyone in here has acted more than mature, a word rarely used when referring to RD.

There has been a good amount of iffy actions taken by RD that are known

Its not that they have bad products, their products are top quality its just the sales reps and owners are very hard to deal with and when he wouldnt honor that price it really bugged me

They lost any business i had planned with them i was contemplating buying a 12" alpha as i am looking to downsize, but he switched prices again just bad business on their part

Its the same boards as sundown but they charge more

he told me he would charge me 350 shipped for a 1750.1 then later told me he never told me that and the lowest he would go is 425 i would never buy from them, but it is definantly a good product

I doubt very that its the exact same board as the 1500D.

The rd 1750.1 and sundown SAZ1500.1 share the exact same board

Both rd and sundown reps told me this it is the same board, puts out the same power

I can believe their the same board, but def. not same power.

For instance & to toot my own horn. Soundstream 10K amp has exact same board as Lanzar Opti 6K, if you look at the amp guts, the opti is a lot beefier & has been show to outperform the 10k.

I would say the same can be said for the sundown, cuz I remember RD saying the amp wasn't doing rated power & "decided" to get rid of it. While the 1500d is def. underrated & doing 1800 on average.

Not fighting, just sayin man.

BTW i remember the thread you made on ROE & was not shocked, but crappy you went through that & glad you made it known.

Ok so i'm gonna go with saz 1500 where can i get the best deal on one i'm kinda on a limited budget it christmas so everyone know kids come first so i need a really good deal and plan on buyin another one right after christmas thanks for all you guys help very helpful but i was leaning to sundown before i even asked about rd i could just get one of there amps in my price range of 400 buck

Ok so i'm gonna go with saz 1500 where can i get the best deal on one i'm kinda on a limited budget it christmas so everyone know kids come first so i need a really good deal and plan on buyin another one right after christmas thanks for all you guys help very helpful but i was leaning to sundown before i even asked about rd i could just get one of there amps in my price range of 400 buck

SSA is an Authorized Sundown Audio dealer! PM sent. :thanx: