mrogowski

IXL-15 Designs

"Your box is 7.45 cubes NET as long as you keep the subs inverted.

If you install subs normally, it will be around 7 cubes NET.

The port is 5" tall but the back where the port starts in the box, it is 5.5". I went ahead and assumed the box would pick this up as part of the port.

Also, since it's slotted, we'll take another 2.5" of acoustical length inside the box for additional port length which should make your box tuned to- 24.5hz, that's crazy low.

If you drop subs in normally, it would be tuned to approximately - 25.3hz.

Is this for home theater, lol? "

this is what shizzzon told me about my box, and then

BigCProductions99 and johnecon2001 suggested 2 of these subs as a good match, soooo what do you think, are we on to something here..... i gota find some prices i'm thinking.

The port is 5" tall but the back where the port starts in the box, it is 5.5". I went ahead and assumed the box would pick this up as part of the port.

Also, since it's slotted, we'll take another 2.5" of acoustical length inside the box for additional port length which should make your box tuned to- 24.5hz, that's crazy low.

BigCProductions99 and johnecon2001 suggested 2 of these subs as a good match, soooo what do you think, are we on to something here..... i gota find some prices i'm thinking.

I think since you posted a follow up you thought the above was a question, but I am not sure what you are asking...

I think since you posted a follow up you thought the above was a question, but I am not sure what you are asking...

yeah my bad, i was wanting to point out the box i had, in the hopes of receiving an opinion about how it would match up with the mach 5 ixl-15's. if they will do real good in this enclosure.

thanks for pointing that out to me ///m5!

Edited by porkchop

yeah my bad, i was wanting to point out the box i had, in the hopes of receiving an opinion about how it would match up with the mach 5 ixl-15's. if they will do real good in this enclosure.

Pretty much a HT box that is tuned to high. Too "big" for the car, but that doesn't mean it won't work.

Pretty much a HT box that is tuned to high. Too "big" for the car, but that doesn't mean it won't work.

///M5, what is a HT box?