Sign in to follow this  
Jon82387

Shiva-x and shiva questions

Hey guys, about a year ago i built one of the blueprint boxes from adire audio, the largest one they offerd im not sure exactly what it was im thinking the spl box, its the one were the driver is down firing and theres a 15" PR in front(the ebs box?)? well anyways i had some bad luck with my shiva and it wasnt working properly, so now im looking for a replacement and i stumbled upon this shiva-x.

If im not mistaken Kyle Richardson your the same person that was with adire right? if so im sure you will know what box im talking about, or if anyone else knows thatd be great also.

Pretty much im just asking if this shiva-x will be a good replacement for my box?

Thanks Jon

Edited by Jon82387

hm thats the problem i cant find the exact specs on it, it was on adires old site as the shiva passive radiator EBS box, like 145 litres or something... ive been searchin a bit on the net tryin to find the old pdf but no luck so far

hm thats the problem i cant find the exact specs on it, it was on adires old site as the shiva passive radiator EBS box, like 145 litres or something... ive been searchin a bit on the net tryin to find the old pdf but no luck so far

If it was the EBS design then if I remember correctly it was 142 liters. The new Shiva-X will do VERY well in that size enclosure but I worry about the capability of the PR. If you used the original Adire PR-15 then it was fine with the original Shiva but the new Shiva-X has quite a bit more capability and the PR may not be up to the task. I said "may" in the prior sentence because it all depends on how hard you run the sub. If you arent pushing the limits of the driver then the PR will be fine but if you are running it hard then you have the ability of damaging the PR since it will not provide enough resistance for the new driver.

With that being said, you can always try it and see how well it works for you. If you find the PR isnt up to the task then you can always build a new enclosure for the new driver.

Yep, I'm the same old Kyle thats been around for a few years now. :)

ah thanks for the advice kyle and ya its the same pr that adire made, i see what your saying as this new shiva has more then 2x the xmax of the old. i suppose ill just have to try it out and see how it goes?

ah thanks for the advice kyle and ya its the same pr that adire made, i see what your saying as this new shiva has more then 2x the xmax of the old. i suppose ill just have to try it out and see how it goes?

That may be the easiest route to take right now. If you dont have a lot of power pushing the new driver (you didnt mention how much your original sub has) or if you dont push it extremely hard then it may work out great for you. If you find that you are bottoming out the PR then you know that you are at its limits and you either need to turn it down or redesign the enclosure.

Here is a link to the Shiva box applications if you havent seen them yet.

IIRC, the 12-spoke baskets allows for 33~34mm of rearward suspension travel.

awesome...I am thinking about getting a shivaX next for my HT sub...I was thinking about a transmission line.

My bose surround sound sucks

IIRC, the 12-spoke baskets allows for 33~34mm of rearward suspension travel.

~28 mm.

Hey guys its been a while, i just placed an order for my shiva-x, im still gonna be puttin it in the ebs box with the PR as i said above ill let you all know how it works out once i get it :D