Sign in to follow this  
Fi4Life

2 12" type R's vs. 1 15" Fi BL

ive been wanting the BL for some time now but i think im goin to wait untill springfor a system . but i think i want to throw the alpines in the picture.

which set ups will most likely get louder and sound somewhat better with the same power (1.5kw) and which would u choose for a first system??

ive also looked at MAC.com and saw there hellboy and crossover box and the crossover box caught my attention.are these boxes any good?? if so why?

thanks

The Alpine's sound terrible so no contest there as for louder that is up to the box builder and buying one pre-fabbed like you are looking at won't help.

ive also looked at MAC.com and saw there hellboy and crossover box and the crossover box caught my attention.are these boxes any good?? if so why?

Mac.com is owned by Apple, not sure where you're looking at these...but they sound like fancy names for older ideas...

Neither is really a "system" anyway.

Mac.com is owned by Apple, not sure where you're looking at these...but they sound like fancy names for older ideas...

i really hope ur kidding when u said that...... its just making u look stupid

and what do u mean its not a "system" thats not making any sense

i really hope ur kidding when u said that...... its just making u look stupid

and what do u mean its not a "system" thats not making any sense

Why, am I supposed to know all the people selling 80-year old ideas and marketing them as something "new" to people that don't know any better? You used an acronym I didn't know, I still don't know what URL you're talking about.

If I wanted to know about 1/4-wave, horns, or any other esoteric design, I'd go to DIYAudio or Martin King's site because those people don't make any pretenses about what they've "invented" or not, and are willing to show you the way...

A "system" involves more than a sub, box and an amp. That's just part of the system...

There are a good number of people who run the BL and 1500D and are very happy.

i vote BL cause the type RSSSSSSS sound terrible

yea im sure... bump

He wasn't kidding.

As for the system, IMO the sub is the least important part of the system if the rest is well planned it is hardly needed.

yea im sure... bump

If you keep dissing people, why even bother to ask us for our opinions?

Do you want us to tell you what you want to hear?

If thats the case, then go ahead and buy the Type-R subs.

yeah well i guess ill throw in my two cents, im wondering the same thing, why would you ever ask people what thay think. and then try and make them feel odd for thinking that way. if you want help or a second mind on things read it and then go from there. but dont slap the people that are taking time from there day to try and help some ingreat,

but my thought onthe alpine things is , al low power, the type R in a large vented and turned encloser sound OK for a " entry level" sub... I KNOW THE TYPE R IS THE HIGHER LEVEL.. but its still entry to the large game of audio, so follow the flocks, and get somthing everyone knows like alpine. but dont expect to win shows, or be "that guy" in your town. your still in the box son.

o yeah fi audio bl and btl rock out with there cock out.... can i say cock on here?

yea im sure... bump

If you keep dissing people, why even bother to ask us for our opinions?

Do you want us to tell you what you want to hear?

If thats the case, then go ahead and buy the Type-R subs.

idk if sayin "yea im sure" is a diss.... but thanks for ur input

yeah well i guess ill throw in my two cents, im wondering the same thing, why would you ever ask people what thay think. and then try and make them feel odd for thinking that way. if you want help or a second mind on things read it and then go from there. but dont slap the people that are taking time from there day to try and help some ingreat,

..k?

I vote get the BL, option it up, and throw some clean power at it. For a daily ground pounder, its a great option.

I vote get the BL, option it up, and throw some clean power at it. For a daily ground pounder, its a great option.

yea im goin for the BL with all options but the extreme leads with a saz-1500d :popcorn::thanx:

1bl 15 and a 1500 sundown wil sound nice

Edited by bigjon