Sign in to follow this  
SouthPole1989

XT-1600.4

hi, i am going to be getting a XT-1600.4 in a month or so and i am going to be putting it in a false floor and i notice that it has fins and i am wondering are they for looks or do they serve as the heat sink like jl's. because i need to know where to focus the fans on since it will have pexiglass over it but i will try to make the flase floor as breathable as possable. and does it make 180 at 2 ohm right. and also i saw that the input goes up to 6 volt but i was planing on using a line driver because i dont want to spend alot of getting longer rca's/ and most line drivers arre atleast 8 volts

Edited by SouthPole1989

hi, i am going to be getting a XT-1600.4 in a month or so and i am going to be putting it in a false floor and i notice that it has fins and i am wondering are they for looks or do they serve as the heat sink like jl's. because i need to know where to focus the fans on since it will have pexiglass over it but i will try to make the flase floor as breathable as possable. and does it make 180 at 2 ohm right. and also i saw that the input goes up to 6 volt but i was planing on using a line driver because i dont want to spend alot of getting longer rca's/ and most line drivers arre atleast 8 volts

for the heat sink fins they ARE used for cooling. i would give them some space

i dont konw the ratings of the xterminators anymore lol but for now yea, expect round 180@2

as for the line driver, i dont have much xperience with them but when i did run one i turned the gains on the driver down and i was fine.