Sign in to follow this  
EF MAX

How heavy is big bass

In my case, my big toe found :lol: out that a new 45kg bass box, designed by myself but built by Baz V, is a heavy b@stard.

In 11 years of the audio game, I have never let anyone near my box building for my own car,, then I got lazy and moved on.

Then Baz V came to my attention and I decided to put my money where my mouth is and let him build me a box,, seriously good move,, several weeks later, one mighty Triple Chamber Reflex Box design later and with the help of Andrew J we have two sexy Stereo Integrity Magnum D2 12inch babes in a lush box that fits like a glove into my car.

Could I ever move away from the nine year old Emmy

How's about some construction photos?

How's about some construction photos?

Its all coming, once I get some life back into my left foot and stop crying I will get some constuction and install pictures sorted..

cant wait

good thing i havent started on my box yet huh...(2 xxx 18's :thud: )

but i'm broke after this weekend. Black expo. Man i shoulda took some pics or u guys..

i like it i think i should make mine like that :slayer:

how do u calculate the ports though if u got 3 chambers, i could see how u would for each chamber but what about the middle and adding them together, and displacement. Ahh, hmm , thats alot of stuff/

nice though :boink:

Thanks Efmax

Took me a while to build that eh!!

Anyway guys, more pics are at

www.bazv.net - CLICK ME

click on the sub boxes link to see the full pics of this box build.

Thanks

Baz :slayer::slayer: (haha love that icon)

oops!! Just saw that you did add the page Erskine!! Sorry - well ive added the full link now just incase!!

Edited by Baz

so i guess thats a :finger: to tellin me how to build that box ha..

:soap: ....

ooops :ph34r:

The calculations are not convential and are based on modelling a bandpass box, intrepetating the info and then working it in with a convential ported box idea, lets just say it works,, and a guy has to have some trade secrets.. but past experience counts for a lot..

bah secrets are like fat people hogging the line at denny's

btu i understand, i'll just make my ported box then.

...unless u change ur mind

I'm interested in the theory as well, or rather the implementation.

More than happy to share with you the porting details for my box, as for how the porting is calculated, then that is a commercial secret upon which I make my living.

Todate, I have designed about 2000+ boxes using this method and it has been a success with no known negative results, so there are commercial reasons for me to consider.

If you can accept that both ported and bandpass boxes are quite complex to design and very easy to get wrong, then I guard my commercial interest with care.

Ok but i am an everyday car audio enthusiast, telling me how to make the box will not hinder ur pockets from making money, for 1 because i dont plan on buying a box any time soon and 2 i dont sell boxes so its not like i'm stealing your idea. ;)

As soon as I can, I will post up the full design spec to the box as I am happy for others to use the design with these speakers.

Problem is, this is a publicly viewable forum. So people in this thread may respect the the hard work and proprietary skill involved, but -guest- viewers could use the info for commercial gain.

Some wicked work on that box mang, I believe you should leave it a trade secret and keep making that cash. Just keep showing us more pictures of the work.

yea that is true but hey, he can always email it to us :slayer:

A very nice looking box. Excellent work

:boink: :whipitgood:

actrualy looking kinda similar to a ABC box, though ive never seen a ABC box built for dual subs, i really wanna hear how this baby sounds.