I need a nice sound quality amp that will get crazy loud and sound good doing it too. i am building a wall in my mountaineer. i was thinking a t8004 or t15004 by rockford. it does not have to be the best damn sound quality but something decent. any suggestions?

The T8004 is fine, usually the RF powers are a safe bet for performance. There are smaller options out there with similar power and good features.

I'm kind of confused, are you looking for a 4 channel to power subs in your wall. If so, why?

hell no! i got a chitload of power for them im looking for something to power highs so bass is not too over-bearing

K lol

What are you planning on powering?

The Sundown 100.4 is rated at 12V so it puts out about 120 at 14.4V with your car running

my current setup in my mercury mountaineer (highs) is rockford power stage 6.5's in the rear and rockford punch 6.5 inch components in the front with 2 pairs of tweeters. they are pretty loud now i got a cheapy from work for next to nothing a jensen pwer760 4 channel FTMFW!!!lol not really but yea its really distorted now and all im really doing is hurting myself!

Simply having lots of undistorted power is not SQ.

what do YOU have in YOUR car?

I don't really care about car audio anymore :) But since you asked, a pair of PG Tantrums, the 1200.1 & 500.2.

Any amp that does rated power cleanly should work for what you're trying to do.

SQ is also not about having alot of good stuff.. it takes lots of time of testing different mounting positions of speakers, sealing doors, venting kick pannels, achieving the perfect crossover points, bringing your bass to the front of your stage, and EQing till that line is flat! ;)

Are you wanting to just have a system that sounds great to YOU? or are you wanting a true SQ system? Either way, theres plenty of help/people on this site to guide you, but we need to know which direction to take you.

And while i dont want to bash other peoples gear, you will have a harder time trying to sqeeze quality sound out of RF speakers (especially punch)

He is building a wall of subs in a vehicle, it is obvious he is not truly concerned about SQ. No offense to you Damon but the definition of SQ around here is like the one mentioned above.

But it is obvious that he wants an amp that can put out some good clean power to try to keep up with the bass.

Though I think what is more important is what speakers you are going to drive. And I would suggest getting rid of your rear fill.

i was considering mounting 6.5's on the panels of the wall. but since i dont need that rear fill should i just stack the front with a chitload of midbass/tweets? i want something that sounds good i should say. not really SQ (competition grade i mean) i just want to be able to hear the words over the bass in my streetbeater. reason i have all the rockford product (highs) is because it was free. i am a rockford dealer (installer) and our company (along with rockford corp.) offers a program called rockford rewards. if i install so many items i get points (points differ on item ex. 3 sixty.2 is 20,000 roughly vs a p1124 800) that is why i had those highs. i do plan to upgrade. i have the tweeters flush mounted at the top most part of my door panels closest to dash. i have 2 sets on both sides i will put pictures up when i find the camera tonight so everyone can get an idea of my positioning of the tweets. i do realize tweets aren't everything i need adequate midbass drivers as well. i am looking on madisound and picking my brains as to what to put together. jim, thanks for the input to not do car audio much you are very knowledgeable at it and i have learned a chitload from you over the past several months iv'e been on the forum. thanks bud. thanks for any and all help guys!

one more thing, i think i can make those rockfords sound a hella lot better by sending better signal/amp to them. my head unit is an oldschool 5volt panasonic. ill post the product number in a lil while when im not lazy to go out to the truck

This isn't directed at you really, but why does everyone think you're "competition" quality if you just want to have an accurate sound stage :(

great point, but in my opinion as said in this thread everyone has there own opinion of car audio. so in reality, no one can really help someone achieve THEIR OWN goal of good sound. but in your opinion if i add good clean power to my components (that obviously are no where near the best) i know i can sound better and be louder than that pos jensen amp i have now correct? i know there will be a + diff. but just how much (honest opinion)

you can achieve adequete sound with one set of speakers alot better than you will with "a chit load". not even talking about source points here, but straight up saving money. Look for a set of drivers that is sensitive and can take a beating.

I need a nice sound quality amp that will get crazy loud and sound good doing it too. i am building a wall in my mountaineer. i was thinking a t8004 or t15004 by rockford. it does not have to be the best damn sound quality but something decent. any suggestions?

Your question and title of your thread have nothing in common. :(

The Kicker SX series have a lot of adjustability with the digital eq's built into them. 0.2 THD FTW