thacarter546

AQ HDc3 comments

Does anybody have any experience with this driver? Does it sound decent? They are inexpensive and are supposed to be fairly nice drivers i was looking at pickin up two 10" and tossin each 1100w

How would they stack up to two fi BL 10"?

I think they have just been released so not many folks have them. I'd say wait awhile before you start hearing reviews.

There was a great deal of hype before it came out, so we will see how it turns out.

I'd love to hear what you think i keep hearing people say they sound hollow which kinda bugs me im trying to decide between two 10" q's or bl's or a mach 5 spl12 these just happen to be in my price range

anyone know how the c performs wit 1k? know they can take alot more than that but just wanted to see how it performs on its recommended rms?

I just bought 2 HDC3 15 and i putting them in a extended cab ford f-150 on a sundown SAZ-3000d so i will let you know what they do. i know right now with one HDC3 15 on 800 watts its hitting a 144.4 at 30 Htz. so i dont think their to bad at all. im quite impressed.

What other sub could you compare them to in SQ?

I think if you're concerned about SQ at all these aren't the woofers for you.

they are reasonable. i mean a spl sub never sounds great. but compared to the fi Bl i think the HDC3 sounds better.

I think he just meant does it sound like complete ass or at least reasonable.

What's reasonable, though :D

Most of the reviews I've seen from them are along the lines of "it gets loud yo".

Well, I guess it doesn't have a magnesium/banana/silver cone so its flawed from the start. That and it doesn't fall in the xmax sweet spot for SQ (either 1mm or 30+mm).

Well, I guess it doesn't have a magnesium/banana/silver cone so its flawed from the start. That and it doesn't fall in the xmax sweet spot for SQ (either 1mm or 30+mm).

ROFLMAO !

I almost hit the back button when I read the xmax sweet spot...

Well, I guess it doesn't have a magnesium/banana/silver cone so its flawed from the start.

Nothing wrong with paper cones.

Some of the best sounding systems I've heard have been with Altec woofers, and those things are about as unassuming as you can get.

I know you're joking, but I don't see what point you're trying to make...

i might go with 4 of the 18's when they come out...should be any day now...they said late january so we'll see, i will do a review when the systems done but it wont be for a while.

Edited by Boomboy14

When i get My setup finished up i will post and let everyone know what the two HDC3 15's do in my extended cab f-150. it likes 30 htz so i think that is going to be my sweet spot. im throwing a sundown SAZ 3000d on the two. i hope its going to put up mid to high 140's at the headrest.