creatormass

BL SPL option

I have a pair of 10" BL's and chose the SPL option when I bought them. I had no intentions of playing music with them, but now I wonder if they'll handle playing music for a short period of time. I was thinking of trying Bass Race in Db Drags next season but don't want to have to buy new subs in order to do it. Does anyone know if these subs with the SPL option will handle music for 30 seconds at a time at full power?

wow 30 views and nobody has a clue. I read the topic on the SPL option so I know you can't play music for extended periods of time, but I'm wondering about for 30 seconds at a time so I can do Bass Race. If I can't I'll have to look into different subs so I can do both SPL and Bass Race.

wish i could help you man. i got a 10"bl too but mine is daily and i burp on it too. if you can change it go for it. 1 10" daily tuned i got 142 flat at 43 hertz. but if you looking to get rid of those later on lmk.

wish i could help you man. i got a 10"bl too but mine is daily and i burp on it too. if you can change it go for it. 1 10" daily tuned i got 142 flat at 43 hertz. but if you looking to get rid of those later on lmk.

If they aren't going to work for Bass Race too then I'll most likely pick up some T3's instead. I'll hold onto the Fi's cause they do an awesome job and hit damn good. Only time and a lot of testing will tell which one's will be best.

I kind of doubt if you'll hurt them...but we really don't recommend long periods of play with the SPL gapped ones..

Thanks!

I kind of doubt if you'll hurt them...but we really don't recommend long periods of play with the SPL gapped ones..

Thanks!

I'd never play them for extended periods, but thats why I was curious about 30 second runs. I had no plans of trying Bass race when I bought these subs, but now I'm thinking of trying it.