Sign in to follow this  
Adrian_D

Time for new crossovers and new boxes

As some may know i'm using a Seas CA18rnx and a cheapo tweeter as the mains. I've bought a pair of Peerles HDS tweeters and now it's time to design something better that what i have now.

1st problem are the enclosures. The sealed ones are lacking a bit of mid-bass and by the looks of Zaph's waveguide TMM graphs ported seems to open up the low-end.

side view : http://www.zaphaudio.com/WaveguideTMM-2-3.pdf

I thought about using the top part of the enclosure in the plans since i only have a pair of mids. Anything wrong with that ?

2nd problem : the crossover part. Should i start with first order slopes and try out some diffrent inductor and capacitor values (ie for 2khz, 2.5khz...)?

Any chance you have any active help to dick around with as you narrow it down? If so it surely makes it easier to make some decisions.

Any chance you have any active help to dick around with as you narrow it down? If so it surely makes it easier to make some decisions.

I think I could pull out the seat in the car and run them in the car for a bit. You were reffering to run the fully built boxes like this, right ?

Only trouble is I stilll haven't tweaked the car (still unregistered) so my experience with the processing is minimal :(