KickinAudio

Alpine's 2008 Lineup Exclusive

My 6 Optima's will be behind my front seats on the floor...very close to my deck. I'll run the deck's power wires right down the center, between my seats. My amps will be connected in the same spot, so no voltage difference and so on. So I shouldn't have ANY noise.

But at 4V, my gains being set properly, will be somewhere around 1/2. With 8V, gain all the way off, won't it be even cleaner? IDK...teach me!

However it won't matter anyway, my deck will feed 2 AudioControl 6XS's...it has a built in line driver.

But really, I like the idea of my volume knob being very low...means my deck will be putting a small fraction of its power out, no chance of any clipping, better SQ...right???

Edited by kryptonitewhite

Finally the Type X pro's came out, ive been waiting forever for those stupid things. Ive wanted to try them ever since I saw them at CES 07

I see they added a 5ch PDX, which is very nice.

Bumped up the power on the V line to 2kw.

Taking full advantage of the growing population of iPod users. While I dont like the iPod only h/u's people will be quite pleased they can buy a less expensive version.

P.S

Imprint is great and all, but alpine pulled a quick one and made you buy the software and mic to take full advantage of it.

Not cool IMO.

If you set the amps correctly there is not going to be an issue with the HU clipping. You figure out where the HU starts to distort and back it off a bit from there. That is your max volume setting and you use that to set your gain knowing that you can't turn it up past that point without both the preouts and the amp clipping. With most amps, you'll have the gain set around 50% with the 4V using a -6dB tone and only slightly less than that with an 8V deck. There is not going to be a difference that you can hear or even measure with normal equipment between the two. Truth is that with modern audio gear worth owning, any noise that you have is related to ground or other install issues, not induced noise or thermal hiss.

Good. Cuz I loved my CDA-9855, and the new stuff loocks sweet. Why'd it take Alpine so long to break 2K?

Edited by kryptonitewhite