Sign in to follow this  
idiot

shoot i can't remember the exact outer diameter. it's in the 15.25-15.5" range. are you making it recessed in there?

as far as displacement, I'd just figure on .15 cubic feet or so. it won't make a huge difference.

Yep, I want to recess it.

School will begin in a few weeks, and I'd like to have the box built before that time. Since I don't yet have the sub (and won't for some time), I'll have to build the box without being able to use the actual sub in the design process...

And yea, the 15" Brahma only displaces 0.18 cubic feet, so I had a feeling that the 0.3 number was a bit off. Strangely enough, however, that number was posted by Nick himself...

Here's the post (Link)

I think that he'll end up with more than 0.5 cubes after he installs the driver.  Anyone have any estimates, cubic-footage-wise, on that spare tire well?  The Mag15 might displace .3 cubes at the most.
Edited by idiot

hmm, strange.

i just remembered that it is 15.5". I just took that measurement a little over a week ago.

Dont take the number for the cutout diameter too seriously either... The 12" says its 11 1/8", so i cut it to that and i bet it was accually closer to 10 7/8"... I have a few holes right on the edge with the T-nuts hanging over. :(

Dont take the number for the cutout diameter too seriously either... The 12" says its 11 1/8", so i cut it to that and i bet it was accually closer to 10 7/8"... I have a few holes right on the edge with the T-nuts hanging over. :(

that sucks. but I cut my 15 out at 14", and it fits perfectly. plenty of room for the screws.

If a Brahma 15" displaces 0.18, ours probably displaces 0.15 (I know I've posted the 0.15 figure before). I posted that .3 cubes thing to settle people down. I remember posting numerous times over and over again about the displacement so I just wanted to make sure and account for roughly double b/c it's better to have more volume than not enough.

the 15.5 is the overall outer diameter. the 14" is the cutout diameter.

Alright. So if I want to be safe, I should cut the larger ring's diameter somewhere between 15.5" and 16".

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I appreciate it. :)

no worries. gonna post some pics when it's done?