Sign in to follow this  
teedot23

The most powerful amps on the market

I'm planning on buying a 18inch fully loaded BTL. I have a few options in mind for an amp. I personaly like Soundstream amps. Hifonics as well as Planet audio make cheap but powerful amps.IMO JBL make the best underrated amps but there are so many choices to choose from. On this forum Sundown is the amp of choice by many. I found this link with a list of some athe most powerful amps on the market. Take a look at this link and tell me how accurate you think this list is also wich amps you think don't belong on this list. http://www.lightav.com/car/amps/poweramps.html :lildevil:

yeah thats a pretty help full site....... im always browsing it looking at whats new... and what kinda power some amps out out ... even tells you the ohm load and categorizes so it makes it help full to pick a mp out

P1010495.jpg

P1010494.jpg

P1010493.jpg

i gotta vote for Sundown :slayer:

as i compete on a regular basis and have had the most suggsess with the SAZ 1500d's strapped

Edited by Lord Baccus

I'm planning on buying a 18inch fully loaded BTL. I have a few options in mind for an amp. I personaly like Soundstream amps. Hifonics as well as Planet audio make cheap but powerful amps.IMO JBL make the best underrated amps but there are so many choices to choose from. On this forum Sundown is the amp of choice by many. I found this link with a list of some athe most powerful amps on the market. Take a look at this link and tell me how accurate you think this list is also wich amps you think don't belong on this list. http://www.lightav.com/car/amps/poweramps.html :lildevil:

Well you wont get nearly the amount of power the soundstream amps rate unless you are running 17v+ to them.

What is your price range?

Strap a 40.1 on the BTL and watch it cry.

Since its like an MT it wont have any troubles with two 20.1 or 1 40.1 on it...Ive put 2 40.1 on 2 MT 15" and they didnt even flinch.

And the BTL's handle a 40.1 for LONG periods of time without getting hot ;)

ScottieJ has a few 40.1's for sale. . .

looks semi accurate, it was good to see the T15k at the top :D

then again, i also saw some pretty generic amps listed too with their fat ass peak numbers listed.....

Well you wont get nearly the amount of power the soundstream amps rate unless you are running 17v+ to them.

What is your price range?

Well my price range for an amp is $900-$1,200. I would prefer one good amp that gives me enough power to possibly run two subs or two decent amps will work as well. I'm open to suggestions

IA 40.1 used from Scottie Johnson would be a good option. They can do almost 5 kw on a good 14+V system at 1 ohm. And they can drop really low if you need them to for competition.

$700+ shipping right now.

Sign in to follow this