Sign in to follow this  
civicman07

15" FI Q sealed?????

Well im running my 15 q ported right now and ilike the way it sounds but i was wondering how many of u are running them in a sealed box? I know the ported would most likely get deeper than the sealed but i was wondering hwo much of a difference it would be sealed and what other peoples opinions on the q sealed are. I do listen to alot of rap thats why i went with ported. Was wondering everyones opinions on the ported vs. sealed. thanks

The sealed alignment can definitely play lower, your info is backwards. The ported box will be louder though.

*assumes decently designed boxes

The sealed alignment can definitely play lower, your info is backwards. The ported box will be louder though.

*assumes decently designed boxes

Ok cool, thanks for the info, so a sealed box would work good even with rap them right?

a lot of it depends on what you want to see from the subwoofer

if you listen to rap a lot, im guessing you are wanter some louder, boomier bass. I'd say stick with ported to achieve the most output from your sub. to get your ideal "setup" i would focus on your tuning.

what is your current box tuned to?

and also, am i correct in assuming you are going for louder, boomier bass? or do you want that tighter, sealed sound?

Rap doesn't really go low, yes I know there are exceptions but most people who listen to rap don't really want a sub that plays low but one that exaggerates the bass notes. For that application ported is almost always best, I also don't think a Q is the right Fi sub for that application either.

a lot of it depends on what you want to see from the subwoofer

if you listen to rap a lot, im guessing you are wanter some louder, boomier bass. I'd say stick with ported to achieve the most output from your sub. to get your ideal "setup" i would focus on your tuning.

what is your current box tuned to?

and also, am i correct in assuming you are going for louder, boomier bass? or do you want that tighter, sealed sound?

Yea think i will stick with the ported i was just curious about sealed, my box is tuned to 33hz.

Rap doesn't really go low, yes I know there are exceptions but most people who listen to rap don't really want a sub that plays low but one that exaggerates the bass notes. For that application ported is almost always best, I also don't think a Q is the right Fi sub for that application either.

Yea im going to stay ported i was just curious about a sealed box, And before i bought my Q i asked around and with my rms of my amp and what i like listening to i was recommended the Q by several people on here thats why i went with it.

Sign in to follow this