Jpm4536

US Acoustics

I remember back in the 90's they used to be....decent. Not overly good but not overly bad, did about rated power. Nowadays, I don't know. I've seen this name brought up in a few threads but nobody seems to have a lot of experience with them so GL I guess...

I own the 2150. they are good amps, especially for the money. Not some of Zeds best stuff, earlier, i believe. Pre Autotek and Hi Fonics. Still has his stamp on the board and for that kind of money you cant beat it

I have an old 2075, they were solid amps, very simple and worked well.

make sure if you are going to buy one it's the one that does not have the light up light on the top of the amp.

Only the U.S. Acoustics amps with no light is zed made.

Good luck.

Yeah, i saw that crutchfield used to sell this same model for like $80 and it looked almost identical but had a light... I was hoping it was a crappier version or something.... So the zed built ones are better i am assuming?

That is a safe assumption. :)

I got a pair of 1000F's. They're post hifonics pre-Alphasonic. Honestly rated and clean sound. No frills simple pre-amp section, good pots and connectors (similar to the Lanzar pots and connections). That Audioclinic guy is an upright guy too. The 1000F gets HOT at 4 ohms bridged though. I suspect if you bridged that 4080 to 4 ohms it would heat up fast.

Not as good as the new stuff, but then again, they're a quarter of the price AND good luck finding a draconia!

Go for it, you won't find a better small 4 channel for the money.

Audioclinic guy is an upright guy too.

I actually bought one of those amps, the USX 2080 from Audioclinic(Mike) and he accidently sent me a UST 2080, when I let him know he sent the wrong amp he imediatly shipped the USX and told me to keep the UST. I thought only the USX were "handcrafted by zed audio" but when I opened it up the UST it too was a zed amp. It was interesting to compare the two side by side, the USX has larger transistors and some of the smaller components appear to be better quality, but then again I don't know too much about manufacturing amps.

the USA series amps are quality though right?

I think all the ones built by Zed were good. I think I had a USX2080, the one with the blue light on front. One of the channels died, and then I just smashed it into the concrete.

Yes, the dark grey heat sink models with the black and red logo in the middle.

i have a usa4050 right now bridged on my alumapro components, still passive. have a usa4080 on the way, going to bridge the 4050 to a pair of creative sdx7 8 ohm mids and use the 4080 for dayton reference mids/tweets in the a-pillars.

that 4050 gets pretty damned hot to the touch bridged on my components, is this normal? thinking about picking up a second 4080 so it will maybe run more efficient and cooler.

i LOVE the sound of it. with my crossfire vr602 i always had a little bit of feedback, really low hissing i could hear with the deck turned all the way down. its dead silent now, no ground change or anything, just swapped amps.

i have a usa4050 right now bridged on my alumapro components, still passive. have a usa4080 on the way, going to bridge the 4050 to a pair of creative sdx7 8 ohm mids and use the 4080 for dayton reference mids/tweets in the a-pillars.

that 4050 gets pretty damned hot to the touch bridged on my components, is this normal? thinking about picking up a second 4080 so it will maybe run more efficient and cooler.

i LOVE the sound of it. with my crossfire vr602 i always had a little bit of feedback, really low hissing i could hear with the deck turned all the way down. its dead silent now, no ground change or anything, just swapped amps.

Some have been known to get a little hot, so no big deal. Mine did get hot after long drives and hard use. I keep my eyes out for them from time to time on ebay. Seem to always get out bid at the last minute. Was able to snatch up a 6 channel cousin in the mean time.

Some have been known to get a little hot, so no big deal. Mine did get hot after long drives and hard use. I keep my eyes out for them from time to time on ebay. Seem to always get out bid at the last minute. Was able to snatch up a 6 channel cousin in the mean time.

IMHO the zed US Acoustics are pretty damn good. Nice and clean and do rated power if not a little more. I run a 4050 and 2 2150s.

The only reason Im changing is power and space.

IMHO the zed US Acoustics are pretty damn good. Nice and clean and do rated power if not a little more. I run a 4050 and 2 2150s.

The only reason Im changing is power and space.

So what is the fate of your amplifiers?

Side note: someone buy this before I do>> 6300 :)

So what is the fate of your amplifiers?

X2

Edited by danssoslow

There is a guy selling chrome 2200F's on CA I think.

NewAgeKing on ROE is, but today he posted sold. Don't know if that is both of them or not. KILLER pricing on those.

NewAgeKing on ROE is, but today he posted sold. Don't know if that is both of them or not. KILLER pricing on those.

Yeah, it is a shame, one of my favorite ZED designs.

Yeah, it is a shame, one of my favorite ZED designs.

I was resisting so much not to buy those because I already have a 2200f and 2300f. The only reason I considered it is because my 2200f has some cosmetic damage. :(

There's one chrome 2200f available on eBay right now. Plus the guy is selling (2) 4080's in two other sales. Funny the things you find around eBay when you search misspelled words. :P