Accordman

Sundown vs RF testing

i would love for the rockford, sorry for all the sundown lovers but i am a rockford lvoer

I'm really glad I looked at this thread.

I really need a efficient amp that puts out rated power, sundown seems like the way to go.

And wow running a 1500d on stock electrical and only dropping to like 13.4 compared to the RF dropping to 12.2

i would love for the rockford, sorry for all the sundown lovers but i am a rockford lvoer

BAN! :)

well rockfords are very good amps, that put out more than rated. but the sundown is just more efficient. both great amps no doubt

lol good one prick, i would go with sundown im just a rockford man, its nothign against sundown

lol good one prick, i would go with sundown im just a rockford man, its nothign against sundown

Okay thats better; I'll let you live this time :) I think we need to see Sundown cut into your hair though ;)

Okay thats better; I'll let you live this time :) I think we need to see Sundown cut into your hair though ;)

you like that lol everyone made fun of me at school, and i was like your chit dont slap, SIT DOWN BITCH

wow 2nd time I have actually lol'd tonight.

I must me in the loling mood.

First it was 3db grills and now engraving Fi into your hair and telling people their chit don't slap.

:drink40:

you like that lol everyone made fun of me at school, and i was like your chit dont slap, SIT DOWN BITCH

Wait, do you even have your stuff up and running yet?

i had it for like a week i was running it off from a chitty ass hifonics and it still blew everyone in my town apart and i sold that amp and rerunnin new power beacuse i had all 4awg and im upgrading to my rf t3001

i had it for like a week i was running it off from a chitty ass hifonics and it still blew everyone in my town apart and i sold that amp and rerunnin new power beacuse i had all 4awg and im upgrading to my rf t3001

:Doh:

i never knew that i could get so frustrated with people online.

they say their amps are better because they put out more than the manufacturer's rated power, yet they dont want to test it against another amp that puts out similar power. even better, they don't seem to care that their "1000 watt" amp is less efficient than a "1500 watt" amp.

holy hell, how ignorant can somebody be?

and the best part is, IT DOESNT FREAKIN MATTER!!!

i mean, i used to be obsessed with alpine when i first got in the game. then i looked around, heard other porducts, blah blah blah...now i couldnt care less about the brand as long as its a good product that can satisfy my needs!

i never knew that i could get so frustrated with people online.

they say their amps are better because they put out more than the manufacturer's rated power, yet they dont want to test it against another amp that puts out similar power. even better, they don't seem to care that their "1000 watt" amp is less efficient than a "1500 watt" amp.

holy hell, how ignorant can somebody be?

and the best part is, IT DOESNT FREAKIN MATTER!!!

i mean, i used to be obsessed with alpine when i first got in the game. then i looked around, heard other porducts, blah blah blah...now i couldnt care less about the brand as long as its a good product that can satisfy my needs!

yea ...i said it !! :captain:

yeah rockford might be a good amp,and ive had one,but nothing compares to the sundowns,expecially when u get them down to 1/2 ohm!!!!!!!!

okay, i hate to do this but: this is why i have 500+ posts on ssa and under 50 on smd. i'd also like to thank all the regulars and admins here for a top-notch resource when it comes to objective information about car audio.

I like the comparison since the RF is more then a 1500D (prices from AUTHORIZED dealers).....

My thoughts over there were, that everyone over there brags about thier birthsheets of thier RF's doing 1500ish RMS , then a test like this is done and they are the first ones to yell out that its a 1k rms amp.

the first test not linked showed that same T1k consuming more power then a single sundown 1500d, so my thoughts are w/e i dont want a 1k RMS (rated) amp that consumes the same power as somethign thats clearly more powerful.

Here is the link to the first test. A single Sundown 1500d against a Single RF T10001bd @ 1ohm each.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=14472

I consider these amps to be equal because they're actual output is near identical and they're amperage rating is near identical. Our first test showed the amps to perform almost identical except the Rockford pulled more power to do so. To me this clearly shows that the 1500s have a higher efficiency. This efficiency became even more apparent in the second "low power" test with a pair of amps. The Sundowns held consistent with more ouput even though they had dips into the 10v range. On the other hand, the Rockford's power output fell quickly under these low power circumstance. Everyone is wanting this test redone with adequate power which will happen. I'm already predicting that while the Rockfords will perform better with adequate power, the Sundowns will do exponentially better with their higher efficiency.

yea the arguement over there that there wasnt enough power for the RF when it was on the same system as the sundown is rather hilarious

as far as "sundown amps made overseas" correct me if I'M wrong, most if not all of the RF's components are made in china or korea. Some of the components in Ligthning Audio are the same components in RF amps and those amps are clearly made overseas. RF reminds me of the guy that talks alot of shizit about the size of his D and then goes in the stall to take a pi$$ scared some one might see his inchworm.

the peopel over there whom are against my side pretty much have the same point as visitor does,

My thoughts over there were, that everyone over there brags about thier birthsheets of thier RF's doing 1500ish RMS , then a test like this is done and they are the first ones to yell out that its a 1k rms amp.

the first test not linked showed that same T1k consuming more power then a single sundown 1500d, so my thoughts are w/e i dont want a 1k RMS (rated) amp that consumes the same power as somethign thats clearly more powerful.

this is the very set of points they are all missing over there. Derrick has made it very clear the "1000" watt RF amps draws as much (well more) amperage with a similiar fuse rating as the Sundown. that tells me the rf (especially with all the 1480+ birthsheets out there) is actually a 1500wrms amp badged as a 1000 for marketing purposes, as well as the wow factor. IMO, form the reading i've done, that's a better well done h2h test. and the rf fanboys can just sit and spin on their overpriced flame throwers.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Those guys are getting a bit carried away over on SMD... what can one take away from the test?

Well... the 1500D is more efficient -- that seems pretty simple.

Upgrade the charging system to get the most of the RF amp? Well, now your cost to get the same power has increased even more.

So what is the right conclusions? SAZ-1500D is more power for the money. Thats pretty simple. RF makes a quality amp, but not necessarily the most for you dollar in all applications.

I think there missing the point that if you upgrade the charging system for the rf the sundown will get more powerful AS WELL. clamp the amps and let em' hang, screw the DB Meters .

so.. an amp rated at 1000watts, vs an amp rated at 1500.. yeah, pretty fair test:rolleyes: lemme guess, the sundowns were louder? i personally run zenon amps.. great amps, i previously had rf's.. both great amps, worthless test, though. anyone can see that:)

See ur not even looking @ the whole picture. Basically if u were paying attention u would have seen the fact that a 1000watt rms Rockford amp pulls more current than a 1500watt rms Sundown amp. Meaning a u get more watts with less current draw with the Sundown. Like having a V12 engine that has 4cyl gas mileage.

So the last post there....

how about two rf with extra batteries and two sundowns without batteries. Just to see whats what...

are people really this stupid?

i could keep quoting but it would be redundant, you guys get the idea.