mike11202

Soundsplinter RL-S

My RL-S 12" arrives tuesday. I made a post on ca.com which I asked for a design for 2-3 cu. ft. and everyone replied saying I need a much larger box. Although, SS and SSA recomends 2 cu ft minimum and 2.5 optimal.

Does anyone happen to know what the smallest cu. ft. box I can put this driver in for good results? Not looking for a perfect response curve, just something decent.

3 cubes should work.

I put one in 1 cube sealed and it sounded just fine. The low end was lacking a bit, but it wasnt anything major that was really " missing" from the overall sound

1/2 the people who recommend enclosure sizes have never seen seen or heard the sub.

3 cubes should work.

I put one in 1 cube sealed and it sounded just fine. The low end was lacking a bit, but it wasnt anything major that was really " missing" from the overall sound

1/2 the people who recommend enclosure sizes have never seen seen or heard the sub.

Thought so, should I just add some polyfill to that as well?

Wouldnt hurt.

Its a personal preference, but usually it will do more good than harm.

hmm 1 rl-s 12 in 3 cubes should be nice as hell

i love rl-s subs...i would make love to them

i ran it in 2.5@28 (maybe 32, i can'r remember) adn it was awesome. with 1200wrms, it damn newar broke a 140 legal off a factory h/u. again, probably not the perfect enclosure, but will definitely work just fine.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I would love to hear one of these in person. I'd also have to agree with Supa_c about half the people never hearing one, and trying to give advise, lol. Please keep up updated with this setup. What's it going into, and what are you going to have pushing it?

I would love to hear one of these in person. I'd also have to agree with Supa_c about half the people never hearing one, and trying to give advise, lol. Please keep up updated with this setup. What's it going into, and what are you going to have pushing it?

Its going in a 2007 Honda Civic, on an American Bass VFL 200.1

I think I live pretty close to SSA. Aren't they located in MD? Maybe they can perform some tests and I'll take some videos :)

There are two of us for SSA, I am in MD. But due to their weight, we do not stock them because that would be shipping twice, so to keep the price good they are drop shipped. But I hope to own one myself at one point. :)