lakaiguy

Bad ground cause electric shock?

My girlfriend keeps getting shocked when she gets out of the car and touches the door :lildevil:

Could a bad ground cause this?

My girlfriend keeps getting shocked when she gets out of the car and touches the door :lildevil:

Could a bad ground cause this?

could be but i don't see how the ground is traveling over a painted surface. it could just be static?

do you get shocked when you touch the car or is it only her?

Tell her to stop rubbing her ass on the seat.

music causes booty shakin.. fing05.gif

Tell her to stop rubbing her ass on the seat.

music causes booty shakin.. fing05.gif

Who's the girl in your sig?

wouldn't you like to know? :droolcup:

i would too actualy :/

It's just a built up charge in the frame of the car. I've seen it happen often before.

If you really want to get rid of it you're going to need to discharge the car. Disconnect the battery from the car (negative and positive). Bolt a 4 gauge or thicker cable to the car. Connect the other end to a metal rod (preferably copper). Bury the rod 3/4 of the way under ground. Let the car sit over night (about 8 hours).

Most of the charge should be gone, if not all of it.

It's just a built up charge in the frame of the car. I've seen it happen often before.

If you really want to get rid of it you're going to need to discharge the car. Disconnect the battery from the car (negative and positive). Bolt a 4 gauge or thicker cable to the car. Connect the other end to a metal rod (preferably copper). Bury the rod 3/4 of the way under ground. Let the car sit over night (about 8 hours).

hm....... i might do this to my car. would a thread rod lets say 2ft long hammered 1.5ft into the ground work??

hm....... i might do this to my car. would a thread rod lets say 2ft long hammered 1.5ft into the ground work??

The deeper the better. Usually grounding rods are at a minimum of 4ft. You could try it though.

The material of her clothing and the seats cause the problem.

Let's call mythbusters. I can see this, but isn't this negated the moment the vehicle goes in motion again building a charge from rolling through the air?