grandhustle575

got my amp, now what subs??

just sold my 2 type r's(way too tired if seeing them EVERYWHERE). i need a new setup. I have a pg rsd1200.1 amp which runs a true 1200. i'm looking at a couple different subs in fi's line, but i'm totally open to new stuff. i want a setup that leans more towards spl. I listen to rap, but i dont just want sloppy loud. I drive an SUV so space is not a concern. dual 15's? dual 12's? or should i go with a single really powerful sub? (i would like to fill my trunk a lil bit. I like a nice display so i wouldnt mind even like 3 or 4 cheaper subs) Price range- 300-400 (400 being very most)

Edited by D-rok

For the power you have, and your want for SPL, the BL from Fi should fit your needs.

One 18". That should be impressive enough for you.

You'll need the Dual 1 ohm sub for your amp to provide the best power to it.

For the power you have, and your want for SPL, the BL from Fi should fit your needs.

x2

If you don't have room for the 18", get the single 15" BL. Still will be impressive.

x2

If you don't have room for the 18", get the single 15" BL. Still will be impressive.

You think my amp and a stock electrical system can put enough out for the 18? and whats the output going to be compared to 2 ssd 15"s

I agree with the reccomendation of the Fi BL. I would also reccomend an IDMax 12. Great out put and very good sound quality too. Should be right at home there with 1200W.

Type of SUV ?

stock elec. ( NO ) for powering an 18"

your going to need a battery for that PG Mono-block reguardless of what sub you choose the amp is going to need power :)

low voltage is a BIGG NO-NO in the SPL game... will kill ya everytime

:peepwall:

tips for SUV:

open glove boxx

move passanger seat all the way forward

angel passanger sunvisor

lay back seats down

point subs forward ports up along the back window line :slayer:

with the subs up and ports to the rear i was holding @ 152.3db

P1010340.jpg

so i flipped the boxx up with the subs forward and jumped to 154.6db

no changing and settings on HU or amp

2xSS15.jpg

i have a 02 grand cherokee.

as far as enough power, i never had any problems running the amp before.. its not overly power hungry and doesnt dim lights or anything. but the bigger subs and larger enclosure is going to demand more power right?

I dont think i want just one sub... i like the sound of two. you really think one 15" BL will be louder that two SSD's? if so then its still a consideration..

Why does the size of his sub make a difference as to whether or not he should upgrade his electrical?

D-rok, one 15" BL should be very loud, two SSDs will also be very loud. If you'd rather have two subs, get the two 15" SSDs. If you're chasing #s then be prepared to spend a lot more money :-D

Why does the size of his sub make a difference as to whether or not he should upgrade his electrical?

D-rok, one 15" BL should be very loud, two SSDs will also be very loud. If you'd rather have two subs, get the two 15" SSDs. If you're chasing #s then be prepared to spend a lot more money :-D

haha a lot more money will stay off my goals list

i'm gonna go with the SSD's

if i have electrical problems after the install, then i'll cross that bridge.

I'm gonna go start building my box ha.

With that amp so long as you have good power/ground wire and a healthy battery you should be fine.

note: fine means you won't have problems, but with a healthier electrical you will be louder.

i have a 02 grand cherokee.

as far as enough power, i never had any problems running the amp before.. its not overly power hungry and doesnt dim lights or anything. but the bigger subs and larger enclosure is going to demand more power right?

I dont think i want just one sub... i like the sound of two. you really think one 15" BL will be louder that two SSD's? if so then its still a consideration..

The BL has the power handling advantage over the SSD's. But the SSD's have a cone area advantage. It's all going to come down to box essentially.

A bigger sub/larger enclosure has nothing to do with electrical demand.

1 15 bl in a tuned box, the sub is very low and tight aswell,

i dont know much about the amp your using.

but what size power wire you working with?

o yeah if you use 2 of the SSD's you will be sad. there a good sub, but with 1200 watts, i would rather push a Fi bl anyday. it will have a better sound.