Sign in to follow this  
thayoungone

what should i get!!!!!

i was wantin to know what subs would be the best to do ..i want something that is goin to be loud but not to loud...and what size amp i should do an all that stuff.. if uyall could help me out that would be great... thaxs

Need a little bit more info. What kind of music do you listen to? How much space do you have for the box? Most importantly, how much do you want to spend?

Firstly, Welcome to SSA! Make sure to stop by the Newb intro forum to let us know who you are.

Secondly,

"loud but not too loud"

Wow, thanks for giving us enough information to make a recommendation of equipment to you.

What type of car do you have? How much space will you give up for the box? how loud do you want to go? Are you doing anything with your front speakers? Do you care how it sounds?

Try to put a little more thought into your posts.

well i have a k5 blazer ... that is a fullsize suv ill use all the space in the back if that is what i need to make it beat the windows out ...an im tryin to find out what front system ill need to runn to help me out ..... an i mostly listen to rap an rock

lol...... your getting there,.,... and what kinda funds are you looking to spend .. .whats ur price limits on subs, price range on amps, and keep in mind that themore you have the more you must do to insure youhave the power to do so,

and also again do you just wanna move air or do you car what it sounds like?

what do you currenty have.

Edited by bigjon

damn i didnt see him say he had a low budget.

right now i dont have anything in it just some doors.. an i dont really have a low budget lol i want it to beat like hell... an i have a amp witch was a 1600watt boss amp but the guy i got it from made it in to a cheater amp to like 3000watts im tryin to see what would be the beast for that amp really ... i had a rfg t2 4 ohm that i had on it then sold it .. i want something louder than that was ..... i want it to move air an sould good to at the same time ...

I'll let someone alse chime in on the amp.

I would recommend a couple SSD 15's for subs. You have plenty of room to fit a big ported box back there. Get about 1500w on them and hold on.

i'd say 4 BTL 18"s with 4 kicker zx2500's...

IMO loud... but not too loud...

an if i did that u think that would the best way to go with the 2 15's an all with 1500 watts on them both that will beat the windows out lolthat what i want to go for

lol he said boss cheater amp lol hahahah

look sell that boss to one of your friends that likes it... and look you need to think about what you really want, if its to move air then stack your paper up. its gonna cost you. if you just wanna beat harder then anyone in town thats simple in a SUV,

i run 2 fi BL's in a 6 foot vented and tuned, 6 foot after displacment

how much money do you have to send? are you just hoop dreamin or are you ready to buy soon?

im ready to get something that is going to beat harder than anything around... money really aint a thing im will to buy it an all ... got to pay to play right so im ready to pay

but still dont have any ideas to runn in it almost anything in a suv is goin to be loud but i want it to be over the top loud for anything around here witch i dont think it will be that hard.... the loudest things around here is kicker 18's but everone has them i want something different than them ....

I don't think you fully grasp how much money a REAL build is going to cost you.

You're overlooking Electrical to support a huge system.

If you want something that will kill, get two Fi BTL's with DVC2 coils. Then purchase 2 Incriminator Audio 40.1's. Then you'll need a 200-250 amp alternator along with two stout batteries (look into the Powermaster D3100) for rear electrical support.

You'll also need to upgrade the front stage.. because once the subs go in, you'll hear nothing out of the front speakers. But that's another post.

i mean i dont want anything that is goin to make me not hear anything lol i want a system is goin to beat an can lestin to when ever i want not just at like shows an all i want it loud but were i can listen to it when im drivin too

I will again say 2 SSD 15's. If you are going to use a true 1500W to each sub, then get the BL's. If you want to save some money, get the SSD's and one good 1500W amp. Such as a Sundown, Kicker ZX, or something along those lines. It will be plenty loud for you. Heck try it with your Boss amp. Most people wouldn't touch one but it may be all you need/want. If YOU think it sounds good, then who cares what anyone else thinks. This is not meant to offend anyone on this forum, this is simply IMHO.

yeah i have been lookin on youtube an tryin to find out what ones that i want to make my mind up on .... i see that most are usein kicker an rockford..im still lookin an all but im think bout goin with 15's an all

what are the diff. between the q's an bl's an all

i mean i dont want anything that is goin to make me not hear anything lol i want a system is goin to beat an can lestin to when ever i want not just at like shows an all i want it loud but were i can listen to it when im drivin too

...Huh?

your kinda starting to piss me off... you wanna bust your windows out but you dont wanna lose your hearing, you wanna beat harder then anyone else BUT YOUR NOT LISTING TO THA PEOPLE WHO ARE TELLIN YOU WHAT TO DO..... and as jonny said i dont think you know how much your looking at spending, i mean your looking at 4-5 grand for a stout 2 18 inch sub build. IF YOU FO IT CORRECTLY! i mean you can do an 2 18 build for 2000 or so but its not gonna be like it should.

make statments and stick to the,. how much do you have to spend. and stop sayin things like kicker and rockford cause ill stop reading this thread kicker sucks my hang low..

so the bl's hit harder than the Q's but the Q's have better sound..... are the bl's an the btl's the same ?

do more people go with the Q's more than bl's?

The BL's are not BTL's. That is clearly stated on the website. I have no idea if FI sells more Q's than BL's. Call them and ask. We want to help you out, but you're trying our patience.

im just trying to find out what will be the best to go with i dont no anything bout fi's noone around here has them so i dont know nothing bout them ....

an do have a damn clue of what will go best with what i got... an i dont want no wall or anything like that just something that is plain but still hits hard

BTL= MONSTER WITH ALL THE OPTIONS,

BL= MINI MONSTER WITH ALL THE OPTION

Q= QUICK RESPONCE WITH LOWEND

SSD= ABOVE NORMAL ENTRY LEVEL

easy killer, you have to start somewhere :) no need to get all tore up.

Sign in to follow this