jonbearsmt

what is so great about this deck?

I think Kent has it, so he might know.

Nope, Kent doesn't. It is the best h/u processor on the market for running active. Everything about it is setup for an outstanding SQ install. It rivals offboard processors in one piece in dash.

Nope, Kent doesn't. It is the best h/u processor on the market for running active. Everything about it is setup for an outstanding SQ install. It rivals offboard processors in one piece in dash.

did i read that it has 8 pre amp outputs?

8-Channel 4-Volt Preamp Outputs

m5 lemme ask you, what does looking and reading that deck do for you ?lol

i know watching chickens caddys vid does strange things to me!

i cant imagen the options this deck must have, i mean i have a pioneer avh 5700 dvd and i get pissed off, just playing with the slopes and the eq's and the blah blah on and on and on... one day ill have to post on just tryin to get my settings better, for now its just sla +4 bass -5 no boost, hi pass on,

trib +4 mid +1 wait

sorry im way off topic

Edited by bigjon

yea and i want one bad and im not even into sq yet lol.

honestly it doesn't have very many "options" at all. When ///m5 says running active, he means 3-way frontstage+sub. The drz will do that without an external processor. It has fantastic time alignment and te only thing that really suffers IMO is the eq which iirc is only graphic and no parametric.

it's not the end-all be-all but if you want to run 3-way active+sub as far as i know it's only this or the ural CDD for an all-in-one unit.

edit: i also find this much sexier than the CDD, or the p9 combo, or any of the alpine 701 combo options (even though i do love the 9861)

It doesn't do much looking at it, listening to it on the other hand would make me happy.

honestly it doesn't have very many "options" at all. When ///m5 says running active, he means 3-way frontstage+sub. The drz will do that without an external processor. It has fantastic time alignment and te only thing that really suffers IMO is the eq which iirc is only graphic and no parametric.

it's not the end-all be-all but if you want to run 3-way active+sub as far as i know it's only this or the ural CDD for an all-in-one unit.

edit: i also find this much sexier than the CDD, or the p9 combo, or any of the alpine 701 combo options (even though i do love the 9861)

alright alright im sorry... yeah i know going active is tricky to do. i was going to try but M5 talked me out of it, as far as the alignment and IMo and iird and on and on ........ that chit dont mean a thing to me... looks like i need to read up

but the that deck does look like its down to do work

I dont know, I can run active on my 2004 alpine..... and it has a built in processor, time alignment, 60x4 (requires a 10 gauge positive wire).

But that is a sexy looking deck for sure!!!

I love the diecasted zink finish (maybe part to due with me being a diecaster).

I also like the heavy volume knob. I know them pioneers got some good looking but cheap knobs, and it drives me crazy on my primeir 680 (i think).

All in all, that looks like a killer deck and wouldnt mind one at all (still waiting to get another screen tho).

I always use to want the clarion that had the little screen in it. I think it was drz 9875 or something like that and was a bit older then the clarion autopc unit. I just remember scrolling stars on the screen :)

which model alpine do you have? note we're talking 3way+sub, not 2way+sub (like most units that can run active)