Sign in to follow this  
woodplock7

run of wire question

Hey ok i have a question about multliple runs of wire from a battery in front to batter in rear to amp. Would i just go from + on batery in front to + on battery in back, and - from battery in front to - in battery in back the + from battery in back to + in amp, and - on battery in back to - on amp. Then ground the neg at front. Heres a pic of what i mean (the boxs on the + wire are fuses)

Wiringpic.jpg

Also say i wanted to do two runs of 1/0 would i do 2 + and 2 negatives between the batterys and then just do 1 run of 1/0 to the amp?

Thanks for the help! hope i made a little bit of sense, please let me know whatever i did wrong im open to suggestions!

Edited by woodplock7

Hey ok i have a question about multliple runs of wire from a battery in front to batter in rear to amp. Would i just go from + on batery in front to + on battery in back, and - from battery in front to - in battery in back the + from battery in back to + in amp, and - on battery in back to - on amp. Then ground the neg at front. Heres a pic of what i mean (the boxs on the + wire are fuses)

Wiringpic.jpg

Also say i wanted to do two runs of 1/0 would i do 2 + and 2 negatives between the batterys and then just do 1 run of 1/0 to the amp?

Thanks for the help! hope i made a little bit of sense, please let me know whatever i did wrong im open to suggestions!

well what are you running, cause unless its somthing wild. and it does not seem like it is other wise you would have more cells, you dont need 2/0 wire... just one 0 gauge from the front to the back is fine, and some say yes bot + and - from front to back, but i just did 2 0 gauge to the frame in the rear, 1 0 gauge from the front to the back o the + side, then grounded with 0 gauge from the front batt. to the frame in the front, then 4 gauge from the alt to the batt, up front. then last but not least 0 gauge from block to frame. o yeah i have three batt. and a 200 amp alt. o yeah and then just 0 gauge to the amps,

im stoned

well at somepoint once i can scrape up some money i plan on running ~3500 watts, and i just wanted to get my electrical all setup before i actually buy the new subs and amp, i already have a EA 200a alt in, as well as 2/3 Big 3 (i didnt do the chassis to engine block yet, but it will get done soon) So thats why im asking this question. Because i wasnt sure if just one run of 1/0 would be sufficent enough, or if i would need two, and wasnt quite sure how to do it :D anyways...

Ok so would i have the same results if it went how your saying which i think is like this

(+)front battery ------------------------- (+)back battery------------ (+)on amp

ground <---------(-) no wire between the neg. (-)back battery------------ (-)on amp

or would i have to keep the ground up front but then go from the - on amp to ground? If someone could draw me a little something in pant it would be very helpful! thanks for your help thus far :D

Edited by woodplock7

If you're running wire from the front to the back, you may as well run a negative along with the positive.

yeah do the rear too... i just told you what i did

what kinda amp are you gonna run>?

im not sure yet but i wanna run somewhere in the range of atleast 3000 watts... but i havent really decided one what subs/amp i want yet... just want to get the electrical all settled first, or most of it anyways