Sign in to follow this  
cheapaudio

BL or BTL?

im lookin for one 18" sub, ive got plenty of power to push either the BTL or BL, so power isnt an issue, im lookin for a daily sub thats good for rock or rap, would the daily BTL be alright for pounding for bout 10 to 15 mins cuz i usually only listen to music on my way to work or on my way home, other than that im stuck at the house, or should i stick with the BL?

Well if your name is any indication of how much money you want to spend.. I would just get the BL.

i use a daily 15 bl. i went with the Bl for a few reasons, one, i listen to music ,,, i dont do SPL. i just knock hard,. its a great sub,.. if your going for music and your only using it for pleasure, go with the bl in a well built ported and tuned box,

what kinda amp are you running?

o yeah.. fully load that Bl no extrem lead. and do universel so you have add a sub later if you need

what are you guys talking about, if you have the choice of a BL and a BTL and you can properly afford / run either one, why would you ever choose a BL over a BTL.

I have a 15" Fully Loaded BTL ran off 3800 Watts RMS in a Aeroport Box and it gets absolutely loud as chit, and i listen to it on music daily, i think theres some misconception going on here that the BTL is not a daily woofer and to get a BL instead, but my BTL sounds fine on music and gets stupid loud doing it

im still decidin on an amp,, soon as i figure out if the auto tek or hifonics or crunch amps are any good id be pushin bout 2500 to 3000 watts rms but if they aint any good imma go with a good name brand but then i would only be pushin bout 1500 to 2000 watts rms. ive got alpine spx 17refs for my front components and an amp for those i either want one 18" or one 15" i prefer more bass than SQ only cuz i hardly get to listen and when i do i want it to pound but not over power my components where i dont hear them

Edited by cheapaudio

well i just got a sundown 1500 and a 12 inch bl while i was amazed at the output loudest combo ive ever had im going to be buying another 1500 and strapping it to a btl while i was very very happy with the bl i just wanna see how much more i can get out of a trunk :)

im still decidin on an amp,, soon as i figure out if the auto tek or hifonics or crunch amps are any good id be pushin bout 2500 to 3000 watts rms but if they aint any good imma go with a good name brand but then i would only be pushin bout 1500 to 2000 watts rms. ive got alpine spx 17refs for my front components and an amp for those i either want one 18" or one 15" i prefer more bass than SQ only cuz i hardly get to listen and when i do i want it to pound but not over power my components where i dont hear them

I say 15 or 18 inch bl fully loaded no extreme leads on a sundown 1500 great great amps with some of the best support ive ever seen and it will get very loud

what are you guys talking about, if you have the choice of a BL and a BTL and you can properly afford / run either one, why would you ever choose a BL over a BTL.

I have a 15" Fully Loaded BTL ran off 3800 Watts RMS in a Aeroport Box and it gets absolutely loud as chit, and i listen to it on music daily, i think theres some misconception going on here that the BTL is not a daily woofer and to get a BL instead, but my BTL sounds fine on music and gets stupid loud doing it

Because the BL sounds better, no one has taken time to ask the OP what his real purpose is yet...nor the amount of power he has. Blind recommendations of an SPL sub is pretty dumb. :(

well be fore i go any further lemme get help on an amp, is any of the maxxonics amps worth buying like an autotek mm2000.1, hifonics 2600 or a crunch 3000? or should i stay away from those?

all those amps are crap

I disagree. Those amps are fine....for the money. They aren't the cleanest and don't quite put out RMS ratings, but it's hard to find big power any cheaper. I liked the Hifonics amps that I used.

well there all made by the same company, and i had nothing but bad luck with goliaths, and auto teks,,, and i havent use crunch in 12 years or more

just to let you guys know which way im headin with this, i will be gettin one of these amps, i will be buying new, i dont want used. here are my amp options

Rockford Fosgate Power T1500-1bd

Kicker SX1250.1

MTX Audio TE1501D

Memphis 16-MCD1500

JL Audio 1000/1

Kicker 06ZX2500.1

SAZ 1500D

im lookin for more power than SQ really, but i still like it to be some what clear so the JL would probably be out. not lookin for spl but i still want something thats gonna pound, the only electrical upgrades i really wanna do are maybe 1 extra battery a cap and a new alternator, but know more than that. i already have a 4 channel amp on my highs, so i would be runnin it and one sub amp.

any suggestions?

Most of those do NOT have enough power to bother with the BTL.

just to let you guys know which way im headin with this, i will be gettin one of these amps, i will be buying new, i dont want used. here are my amp options

Rockford Fosgate Power T1500-1bd

Kicker SX1250.1

MTX Audio TE1501D

Memphis 16-MCD1500

JL Audio 1000/1

Kicker 06ZX2500.1

SAZ 1500D

im lookin for more power than SQ really, but i still like it to be some what clear so the JL would prolly be out. not lookin for spl but i still want something thats gonna pound, the only electrical upgrades i really wanna do are maybe 1 extra battery a cap and a new alternator, but know more than that. i already have a 4 channel amp on my highs, so i would be runnin it and one sub amp.

any suggestions?

sundown. 1500 or 3000 if you feel froggie

sorry but thats basically my budget on an amp , ill worry bout the sub or subs after i get the amp even if its not a btl. so basically if i was lookin for power would these 2, the kicker 06ZX2500.1 or the SAZ 1500D be better than the others i listed?

sorry but thats basically my budget on an amp , ill worry bout the sub or subs after i get the amp even if its not a btl. so basically if i was lookin for power would these 2, the kicker 06ZX2500.1 or the SAZ 1500D be better than the others i listed?

it would really depend on the subs. if you wanted a single sub set up i would run a 15 bl on a sundown 1500.

BTL and be done with it. 18" if you have the airspace for a correctly designed ported box.

2000 watts is plenty for a BTL. While they will handle more, they work great with around that much power (that is what they are rated).

The 06 ZX2500 would work great on a BTL.

well the room is not a factor i have a durango with the 3rd row seat removed. thaz why i was favoring an 18 cuz i have the room and i have never owned one before. i will be purchasing either the saz1500d or the kicker 2500, which ever one i can get more power out of., , so with enufff room in the right box could i get the 18 to hit louder on one of those amps?

Edited by cheapaudio

well let me decide on the amp first then before i get into the sub, which one would put out more power? im guessin the kicker. but if im wrong let me know. and wouldnt they need about the same electrical upgrades?

well let me decide on the amp first then before i get into the sub, which one would put out more power? im guessin the kicker. but if im wrong let me know. and wouldnt they need about the same electrical upgrades?

The kicker will but you cant compare them because they are in totally different power ranges. Yes at the VERY LEAST you should add a second batt . But i recommend a second battery and a HO Alternator but again it depends on which amp you accually go with.

Edited by lightningbolt444

well one puts out 2500 and one puts out 1500 why couldnt i compare the power ,sorry im just trying to understand

Sign in to follow this