Sign in to follow this  
Lifted03Silverado

3 10s vs 2 12s

I know this has been covered before but I cant find it on the search feature.

It would be a sealed box under the seat of a crew cab sierra

Would 3 10s sealed hit harder than 2 12s. Using the same amp to each of them a RF Power 800a2

What subs are you referring too? What size will each box be? Will your voltage stay at a constant 14.4? What altitude are you at? What is your cabs resonant frequency? Is your interior leather or carpet? What temperature will the outside air be? What temperature will the inside air be?

Basically what I'm saying here is... there is no possible way to tell what will "hit harder".

Pick one setup, and be happy. If you're not, save more money and get the other setup.

All depends on the install really. I feel 3 10" drivers are more fun, but thats just me.

you also gotta tell us your Social Security number to determine a proper answer....

Actually, no, don't do that, that would give the wrong answer, AH!

everything being equal -

pros and cons of 3 10s SPL wise-

just a hair more surface area than 2 12s

more heat dissipation capable

however, with your amp-

3 10s might not receive it's power it may want compared to 2 12s and with the 10s only a hair bigger in surface area, 2 12s with that amp should do very well.

However again, the differences will not be detectable by the ear alone unless the 10s were positioned in different areas filling the cabin area better than 2 12s.

Regrettably you can't fit either setup under the rear seat of a crew cab. Not even close :(

u mean to tell me i typed all that for nothing? AH!

I'm suing for 60 seconds of time back

I think you could fit the 2 12" subs... Ive seen people with 12" subs in NBS trucks... Not sure about crew cabs but it almost seems like they would have more room than extended cab...

I think you could fit the 2 12" subs... Ive seen people with 12" subs in NBS trucks... Not sure about crew cabs but it almost seems like they would have more room than extended cab...

Just because you've seen people with that setup doesn't mean that the subs were in the recommended enclosure size OR ported.