Sign in to follow this  
ABXX49

problems with my Q

I've had my Q12 for about 2 weeks now. It's been playing very nicely and hitting hard. But last night while driving around it started to cut out. It would hit a few notes and then stop. A few seconds later it would pick back up for a while. It's a D2 woofer connected to a Cadence TXA1000D amp 1ohm. It's wired in parallel. I turned down the gains and reset the settings to zero and tried to retune it. Now it seems like it isn't getting any power to the sub...I checked all the wire connections...seem to be fine. I'm lost and kinda worried that my 2 week old sub is fried... =[

Please help...

Use a DMM to verify that the amp is getting power. Check all the fuses (both the powerline and the amp fuses). Check the voltage on the remote line (should be 12v).

How did you set your gains?

I had my gain on my cadence set at about 1/2....roughly....I have the remote wire spliced and its running to two amps....my other amp is a Rockford P400.4. And that one is running fine. Also, I noticed when I got in my car last, I have my gain turned all the way down right now, that out of no where my sub thumped 1 time, and it was decently loud....And I did notice a small hum coming from the amp....i THINK....i might just be hearing things though.

I had my gain on my cadence set at about 1/2....roughly....I have the remote wire spliced and its running to two amps....my other amp is a Rockford P400.4. And that one is running fine. Also, I noticed when I got in my car last, I have my gain turned all the way down right now, that out of no where my sub thumped 1 time, and it was decently loud....And I did notice a small hum coming from the amp....i THINK....i might just be hearing things though.

about the cadence amp. i have too the same as yours and mine does have a small humm coming from it too.

Sounds like it could be a bad ground. It also sounds like you didn't set your gain correctly and you just winged it.

Well, I'm gunna go out and check my fuses and my ground. I set my gain the way I was told to by a few people....What is the RIGHT way to adjust the gain?

well, start with the basics-

Get a dmm and without the stereo turned on, the stereo must be completely off, check the impedance of the Q by putting the probes on the speaker terminal on the amp. If it reads anything other than 0.6 - 0.9 ohms, either your dmm is not calibrated or your sub is damaged or the speaker wire isn't plugged up to the sub, :)

does not sound like a problem with the sub to me

Well, I finally had time to check my system out. I checked my fuses, they're fine. I did what shizzzon said and my terminals read 0.6 ohms....Can someone tell me how I can check my amp with my DMM to see if the amp is still in working order. Like what voltage it should be putting out. The amp turns on, but it won't put any sound to the sub.

Sign in to follow this