strrmx

1 sub, 1 amp, 1 hu

im trying to design my new system. im looking for quality as well as spl.

i want 1 12'' SUB, 1 AMP, and 1 HU. that is all.

right now im looking at a Fi 12'' Q subwoofer or should i look into the bl instead?

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum...

amplifier: hifonics BXi 1606D (1600 watts)

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/...

hu: kenwood excelon x791 or alpine 9883

vs.

any changes? suggestions? help me out.

Edited by strrmx

the sub is a good sub, Q is a nice sub, and that amp will power it fine.

but i dont like the amp. it may power that sub fine. i just dont like hifonics.

and i have never been a kenwood h/u fan.

BL takes more power,.,, it will have moreoutput, but you will lose SOME SQ. not all but a little,

i have nothing. im starting fresh, just threw away 2 kenwood subs, they were trash. im trying to build something nice this time, even if it costs me more.

im open to ANY SETUPS that are good, not just what i mentioned. and what about the Fi SSD, i heard the Q takes a while to break in.

So why not put together an entire system?

So why not put together an entire system?

id be glad to, but im not that skilled with car audio..

if u could help me out with some options, itd be nice.

ive been reading a lot on this site, but no ones situation is the same so its hard for me to grasp what is right for me.

yeah and tell us more like what kinda music do you like, and the kind of car " space" money? and what your over all goal is

i listen to a lot of rap

i just want something.. where ya know lol, i really just get that nice bump...

no distortion, no trash, just power and some quality.

all im lookin for.

Edited by strrmx

Nice bump can mean a lot of things. Do you want it loud? or do you just want to be able to feel it?

When you say "system" a lot of people here think of the entire package because.. that's what system means. Headunit, front (and rear if you like that..) speakers, amps and sub(s).

With your budget, you could probably get by with a whole system. An idea would be to go with one low powered sub with a Large amp and then add another sub when you get the money. Or you could do two smaller amps and get one now.

Overall though, you'll be much more satisfied if you get yourself a decent set of front speakers, they could be coaxials, they don't need to be components. A head unit that has two sets of preouts with basic EQ function shouldn't run you more than $200.

i listen to a lot of rap

i just want something.. where ya know lol, i really just get that nice bump...

no distortion, no trash, just power and some quality.

all im lookin for.

lol if you wanted trash then you came to the wrong spot anyway. now you say 1000 or under... thats for a h/u dash kit, h/u wireing kit, amp, amp kit,. box sub and sub?

just sub/amp/hu under 1000, the box/installation is covered.

that should be easy. what kinda car?

2003 honda accord coupe

seats come down.

umm as for speakers, not worried about them atm. but feel free to post suggestions, cuz i will be buying them down the road.

heres what im expecting.

I WOULD BE PERFECTLY HAPPY, with a 13 w7, 1000/1, and a alpine 9885. but of course i dont have the cash for that. so if its possible to throw together something like that or even better, thats all i need.

heres what im expecting.

I WOULD BE PERFECTLY HAPPY, with a 13 w7, 1000/1, and a alpine 9885. but of course i dont have the cash for that. so if its possible to throw together something like that or even better, thats all i need.

is that what you have heard in someone elses ride and liked?

well the w7 to ME is over priced,. and the 1000/1 is a great amp but you can find other amps that will a great job for the same price,.

i would do a single FI BTL or BL 12 in a large tuned and vented box on a sundown 1500

and i like pioneer H/u's again thats me

but eitherway.. with a 1500 sundown or a 1000/1 you would need to do 0 gauge and the big three.

thanks jon. what do u feel is so good about pioneer HU's? i have everyone and their mom telling me go alpine.

and is there a good alternate to the SAZ1500D, i can't really throw down 600 on a amp alone.

remember, sub/amp/hu for all under 1000

Edited by strrmx

There are several Rockford amps that are within your price range. Make sure to email the SSA store for a better price on all the gear as well.

And with you liking the W7.. I would go for a Q from Fi, an ICON from SSA, or a BM from Stereo Integrity. Other options include the MAW from Mach5Audio.

Perhaps you should do a little research on those and get back to us with what tickles your fancy.

thanks jon. what do u feel is so good about pioneer HU's? i have everyone and their mom telling me go alpine.

and is there a good alternate to the SAZ1500D, i can't really throw down 600 on a amp alone.

remember, sub/amp/hu for all under 1000

i have allways BOUGHT pioneer.but i have used everything on the market... im sorry every brand

pioneer has always been reliabile, easy to use, easy on the eyes, i like the SLA option, i dont like alpine, i have had nothing but bad luck with them. i likes clarion aswell, but i currently run a n2.

like johnecon said, email them for the best price, also shop for used ones with warrenty. its worth it!

alot of people are talking about the RF amps this year. i have seen a few test results, the ones i seen the amps wont run at 1 ohm. well im a 1 or less ohm kinda guy. but over all the amps are putting up good numbers i have been staying away from punch and kicker amps for like 8 years. but latly thay seem to be doing work. i wont buy one but take it as you will.

i like an amp with flexibilty

like johnee also said read read read. its power. do whacha do

I think you would like this sub and amp combo.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/in...p;productId=150

that looks really nice. but how would it compare to a fi btl 12'' w/ a hifonics 1606D (1600 watts)... or am i aiming in the wrong direction with hifonics. i like them bc they are fairly cheap, have pretty much all good reviews, and have the at-hand subwoofer level control.

i really really like the look of the Fi subs, im not much for the look of that sub u posed kamry. but im not going for looks, im going for quality, so someone correct me if im wrong in saying the fi btl/hifonics would not be better.

Definitely aiming in the wrong direction with the Hifonics. The BTL needs real power and the 1606D won't deliver.

The ICON Sundown combo would be right in your budget and will sound great and get very loud.

Definitely aiming in the wrong direction with the Hifonics. The BTL needs real power and the 1606D won't deliver.

The ICON Sundown combo would be right in your budget and will sound great and get very loud.

ok question, do u think the icon/sundown combo.. would compare to a 13w7/jl 1000.1 -- which one is better for SPL/SQ.. overall just comparison.

and yes i know, for 500$ -- thats crazy compared to JL's proabably 1500$ price for the w7/1000.1

the reason i compare to that exact JL system is because ive heard it in real life and enjoy the sound and power.

ALSO, i have a coupe, and the seat does go down, so this will be plenty of power correct?

right now i have 2 chitty kenwoods on a rf 600 watt amp, and no aftermarket hu, and it sounds okay loud, but just TRASHY, like it sounds AWFUL.

ALSO, my aim is EXCLIIPSE -- if anyone feels they can point me in the correct direction, and no, i dont want any used items. ty tho.

Edited by strrmx