Sign in to follow this  
chutoy

converting component audio to hdmi

how do I convert component audio to HDMI so I can use the TV for audio if my components are 20ft away and running one HDMI cable to the TV?

how do I convert component audio to HDMI so I can use the TV for audio if my components are 20ft away and running one HDMI cable to the TV?
There is no such thing as component audio. There is component video. That is the 3 cables that are normally red, blue and green. HDMI carries audio as well as video. What are you trying to connect to your TV?

-Robert

There is no such thing as component audio. There is component video. That is the 3 cables that are normally red, blue and green. HDMI carries audio as well as video. What are you trying to connect to your TV?

-Robert

Video game, VCR, DVD player...

Component Video is analog, HDMI is digital... not sure where audio comes into the equation, not too sure why you want to even do such a thing. Component video can display up to 1080i anyways.

Component Video is analog, HDMI is digital... not sure where audio comes into the equation, not too sure why you want to even do such a thing. Component video can display up to 1080i anyways.

I just want to run one cable to the TV, no extra speakers other the one on the tv. I know HDMI supports digital audio.

Yes, it does support digital audio. Problem is you need a converter to convert the analog signal to 1's & 0's. You are not going to find anything cost effective to do the conversion.

http://www.svideo.com/ypbpr2hdmi.html

This will only convert one source. You would need a switch to connect more than one source to the converter.

If you only want to run one input into the TV, best route would be to use a Receiver that will convert an analog input into a digital signal, and has HDMI output to the TV.