a friend sold his rf power 800.2 to another friend. this is the same 800.2 that we used to run a pair of 15" id spl's at 4 ohm stereo (the subs were dual 2) and it beat the hell outa them...

now the new owner says the amp is smoked..literally...yet when i pulled the case, there was no smoke/fire damage..hell, not even a hint of overheating really. the new owner is running 2 subs, one a he2 that is dual 4, one a boston that is a single 4. he runs everything parallel and bridged...this totals a 1.3 ohm load, correct? i say that the amp is just going into protect...i mean it is just 4 ohm stable bridged, correct? he says i'm full of shit and that the amp is messed up.

we have put the amp in my friends truck on a dual 4 memphis hpo..it works fine at 4 ohm stereo. we haven't tried it at 2 ohm bridged becuz i think it will just go into protect..

anyway...i told him i would post this and let the experts tell us who is right and who is wrong.

btw..everything the guy gets or hooks up 4 ppl is ALWAYS done parallel, parallel because he believes that is the only way to make subs slam, no matter what u try to tell him about impedence!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

4 ohms, no less. If it's screwed up, he's at fault. No doubt about that one. I'd not deal with this guy again.

1/4 + 1/2 = 3/4 ... R = 4/3 or 1.333 ohms

Yeah, he's an idiot ... Maybe he should try reading the MANUAL ! LOL

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/libr...PwrAmps_MAN.pdf

Bridged/Mono Mode

mixing subs isn't ghetto, it is just not knowing any better :blink:

Yep. I agree with ya guys.

If he were to wire the dvc in series and then parallel with the svc, he would get a 6ohm load, right? I think this would be the best he can do with his subs of choice.

1/8 + 1/4 = 3/8 ... Resistance = 8/3 or 2.667 ohms