Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

New Heatsink

Is there any chance of getting amps modified for competition guys? Also, I need a number to get ahold of you because i should be ordering my amps soon and want to make sure they will be ready to go in time for Xtreme Audio Thunder.

Ill send you the number

cool, :woot:

Is there any chance of getting amps modified for competition guys? Also, I need a number to get ahold of you because i should be ordering my amps soon and want to make sure they will be ready to go in time for Xtreme Audio Thunder.

There will not be any modded amps for competition. They pretty much do anything that you need without mods.

Have you been in touch with me via e-mail? I don't always connect screen names with people :)

Any violation of warranty if we flip the cover 180 ourselves (from the pics they look the same on both sides)?

I'll be getting my Sundowns at the end of the week and one needs to go with the logo upside down.

lol no all it takes is to undo the 2 alan screws at the ends of the silver bar and to lift that bar out and turn it around

Correct, it's just two allen screws to flip the name plate.

i honestly cant see the difference. must be suddal changes....

The face of the amp is exactly the same -- I made the changes subtle on purpose, but it will effect the cooling substantially.

There will not be any modded amps for competition. They pretty much do anything that you need without mods.

Have you been in touch with me via e-mail? I don't always connect screen names with people :)

Yeah, shaun schiffinger uticastereos@aol.com

Yeah, shaun schiffinger uticastereos@aol.com

Gotcha :) LMK when you are ready.

Very good move Jacob. This shows something that does not happen often in this industry, constant updates and upgrades for the customer.

Now Jacob, don't go adding fins to that new car. ;)

*laughs*

No fins on the car!

The 100.4 and 1500D will be next to get the new heatsink in 60-90 days or so, followed later by the 100.2 -- for those wondering :)

Any internal changes on them planned along with the heat sink upgrade?

Very good move Jacob. This shows something that does not happen often in this industry, constant updates and upgrades for the customer.

Now Jacob, don't go adding fins to that new car. ;)

*laughs*

No fins on the car!

The 100.4 and 1500D will be next to get the new heatsink in 60-90 days or so, followed later by the 100.2 -- for those wondering :)

Any internal changes on them planned along with the heat sink upgrade?

The SAX-100.4 is moving from the DFP50N06 to the DFP70N06 transistor in the power supply section. Out of the 1% or so 100.4s that failed due to actually blowing up something it was a power supply transitor in those cases.

The SAZ-1500D will remain the same for the time being. The extra heatsink will increase the life of the transistors further by keeping them cooler, though :)

Cant complain about keeping the same looks and adding cooling ability. Looks Great.

Any violation of warranty if we flip the cover 180 ourselves (from the pics they look the same on both sides)?

I'll be getting my Sundowns at the end of the week and one needs to go with the logo upside down.

lol no all it takes is to undo the 2 alan screws at the ends of the silver bar and to lift that bar out and turn it around

My amps are showing up Monday and I think they'll only have the SAZ-1500D on one side...I want to flip the whole cover around (not just the chrome nameplate) so that all writing on the amp reads properly...does that make more sense?

My amps are showing up Monday and I think they'll only have the SAZ-1500D on one side...I want to flip the whole cover around (not just the chrome nameplate) so that all writing on the amp reads properly...does that make more sense?

That would involve taking apart the entire amp, drilling new holes for the transistor tie-downs, etc... I cannot warranty an amp that has this procedure performed by the end user.

That's what I needed to know...I didn't know if the heatsink/cover was attached to anything inside or not...a lot of amps can have the covers taken off to show the inside without having to take apart anything...it almost looks like I could unscrew it...flip it around so it read right...and screw it right back on...I CERTAINLY don't want to take any innards apart...didn't buy your very nice amps to monkey with them :)

If not maybe I'll just make a sticker and put it on myself...because I doubt I could convince to to let me swap them out once the new batch is done :)

Looks like I missed out on one of the non-new-heatsink 100.4's selling here. New heatsink/transistor for me!!! :)

Sense you are doing tweeks on the amp, ever consider getting rid of that bass boost all together? :)

I had thought about it. Likely I won't take it away entirely since some customers actually want it, but in the future I'm going to reduce the amount of boost it is capable of.

I just got the 3000Ds yesterday...didn't even notice the changes. The damned things are heavier than my US Amps USA2000X. Thank god it doesn't have 4 power and gnd terminals.

They look mean and the customer almost creamed his pants...can't wait to get it in.

another suggestion. just thinking out loud here. would be if you come out with a small tweeter amp. that does like 30 x2 or 50 x 2 @ 6ohms(or 4).

that would be really cool. but i guess there is not a demand for them enough to throw it into production :(

All the work is done -- new heatsink is done, new crossover tooling is done -- I just need to gather some capital for them. Just keeping existing models in stock has become quite a challenge as Sundown becomes more popular worldwide :)

i can dig that. i have been going through the same thing with some (non-audio) products i am developing. how about a pre-sale? i'm in for 2.

All the work is done -- new heatsink is done, new crossover tooling is done -- I just need to gather some capital for them. Just keeping existing models in stock has become quite a challenge as Sundown becomes more popular worldwide :)

i can dig that. i have been going through the same thing with some (non-audio) products i am developing. how about a pre-sale? i'm in for 2.

There will be a pre-sale, I just need more time to gather capital for the 250.2 model.

+1 for the small tweeter amp!

that could really be useful!

I have plans for SAE multi-channels... a 50-75x2 and a 50x4 model will be offered -- but I do not have a good ETA on them.

There will be a pre-sale, I just need more time to gather capital for the 250.2 model.

thats will be cool I would be interested in some 250.2 amps also........

Aloha

Sign in to follow this