MTXThunder9500

T/S of the DP 12's

Maybe im just to lazy to look but whats the T/S of the DP 12's

Not to lazy, we haven't release them yet! :)

I'm planning to as soon as enough of them are out in the market, I think the T/S will surprise alot of folks. So I will let people run them and prove to them paper specs mean nothing!

Thanks,

Nick

Maybe im just to lazy to look but whats the T/S of the DP 12's

Not to lazy, we haven't release them yet! :)

I'm planning to as soon as enough of them are out in the market, I think the T/S will surprise alot of folks. So I will let people run them and prove to them paper specs mean nothing!

Thanks,

Nick

lol nice answer haha

Yup, an entire industry releases thiele/small parameters because they don't matter. They're a defacto standard because they don't matter.

So I assume you guys just put parts together? No real targets? How do you ensure you've achieved the type of driver you're looking for from an engineering standpoint? Once you've built the drivers, how do you check for consistency?

But paper specs mean nothing....right. And enclosures should just be guessed at.

Yup, an entire industry releases thiele/small parameters because they don't matter. They're a defacto standard because they don't matter.

So I assume you guys just put parts together? No real targets? How do you ensure you've achieved the type of driver you're looking for from an engineering standpoint? Once you've built the drivers, how do you check for consistency?

But paper specs mean nothing....right. And enclosures should just be guessed at.

Neil,

lol, way to serious on this matter, I was joking! Ask our OEM's we always hit out Q parameters, ALWAYS!

But since we are on the subject -we design drivers from the ground up...Period...The only standard parts you see are baskets and even terminals (only OEM, our line is tooled). Don't think for one second we consider what we do a joke or even close to it, we are the first internet company to do a lot of things. Examples: the first 2000D from a net based company as well as the first 4000D from a net based company and it just beings there. You don't survive 5 going on 6 years in the business being a net company and not have engineering goals or business goals. We in my opinion are the best at what we do, I know it so I don't have to brag about it. I don't post serious posts related to engineering so I can argue with others on what we do, as I feel I have nothing to prove. I try to keep all post fun and entertaining. Don't come in my house and my forum and ASSUME we do anything thing here Neil. It was a joke and will always be just that a joke. As far as T/S parameters go the new DP's aren't the ultra low Q parameter woofers you see coming from most other companies in this market, but they will perform and keep up with them in the streets or in the lanes any days of the week. I just don't want people on the net seeing an X Woofer and it being QTS of .18 or .22 and the DP be a lot higher than that and they assume it can't be any good or as good as woofer X.

No hard feelings Neil - I think your great just don't over read into my post! :)

Thanks,

Nick

How could I have over read your post?

Here it is:

paper specs mean nothing

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. You could have said it isn't a low Q woofer; that in itself doesn't mean that it's a good or bad driver. But instead you made an extremely misleading comment that I felt needed correction.

I don't think you have anything to prove, but when something like that is said, I have to wonder:

a) What you really mean when you say that,

b) Why you would say something that directly contradicts years of research.

If it really was a joke, fine. At least it was clarified.

Neil...that's why no specs were ever posted of a MT..because they don't matter

If we give the guidelines to put in this box and tune to this frequency range with this port range what else do you need?

All of those woofers with motor designs similar to it will have parameters that box programs tell you to put it ina 6 cube sealed box for best performance...and in all reality the response sucks :)

Again..another scenario of real world expirence > numbers geeks.

Don't matter and don't matter to most are two completely different things. I don't want to do this argument again because I don't think you got what I was saying the last time.

The relationship between real world experience and "numbers geeks" (which I take as a compliment, though I have both "real world" experience and am a numbers geek) is a mutual symbiotic relationship. They work together and one is not inherently better than the other.