Sign in to follow this  
jeff2425

door components

I have an 02 monte carlo. the factory amp has an internal crossover to the door drivers and seperate tweeters. if i buy new component system do i discard new external crossover. i have 4 wires in factory harness and am adding an amp to power new componts. i am keeping my stock head unit for now and there are no pre amp outs.i know that new crossover should be installed wity new spkrs. but the wiring has me stumped.thanks for any help i can get.

If you're getting a new amp along with the components what's the problem? Take out all the factory gear, replace with new gear.

You'll need a line out converter (LOC) to go from your Head unit to the new amplifier.

Oh, and it would be helpful to know what equipment you're talking about when you post in the future.

thanks i will try again.ihave infinity 6x9 kappas in rear blaupunkt 2x100 driving them. i want to put infinity reference 6.5 or maybe jl 6.5vr in door and run a second blaupunkt 2x100. the infins will handle more power but ithink the jl will sound better. if i run new speaker wire from doors to trunk where the new amp will be is it really that simploe to bypass fact amp? i would like some opinions about the 2 spkr brands. thanks alot this site is the most awsome car stereo info i have found

Running new speaker wire will certainly bypass the amp

As far as the speakers go, I don't have experience with either of those two.

thanks again. the install shop used a line level input to hook up my kappas to the amp they sound really good. they did all the connections in the trunk. was this the easy way out instead of grabbing signal from behind hu. i was going to use the same place for door component hook up.is it ok to use line level inputs again? i hate being a knob about this but it's the first time i have messed with amps. i have always got a high powered hu and run good wire to 4 new spks. googled some stuff and was told if factory amp is off no sterring wheel controls will work or other functions run off of radio. tire press monitor oil mont. etc.